2012年1月31日火曜日

ひさびさの, wfm


先々週からひきずっている息子の咳が悪化し、先週後半には睡眠を妨げるほどになってしまったので小児科から吸入タイプの薬とその器械を借りて来た。週末大分回復したものの、週明けの保育園でまたいっきに悪化。

不幸中の幸いで今週は上司が出張のため、もともと在宅ワークにしていたので、ひとまず今日は保育園はお休みさせた。仲良しのコウちゃんと遊びたくてしょうがない息子は、「ほいくえん、いく!」と何度も抗議。そうだよな、2歳8ヶ月、母親と家で2人じゃ、つまらないだろうな。。。
もう2週間ひきずっている咳、小児科へ行き抗生物質を出してもらった。
帰りにTSUTAYAで戦隊ものやカーズなどのDVDを3種類借りて家に戻る。午後はいかんなーと思いながら、ほとんどDVDを見せ、仕事。でも、結局仕事も100%集中できるわけでもなく、あまりはかどらなかった。
夕方パエリアを作り、息子は少しだけ食べてお薬を飲み、いつもより1時間早い20時半に就寝。昼寝しない日は就寝も早い。

明日は保育園いく!と張り切っていたが、今もまだ寝ながら咳してるし、どうだろうか。

Koki is down with a bad cough today. It has been lingering since 2 weeks ago.  He threw up from coughing too hard last Thursday and I took him to a pediatrician who prescribed him two types of liquid medicine to be consumed through a neubilizer which the doctor lent us for free (in Tokyo, all medical expenses, except for those you buy from pharmacy off shelves, are covered by the government, 100% free, up until your child is 15 years old).  He got well over the weekend and then as he went back to his day care on Monday, he came back sick again.  This makes me wonder what is out there at a day care....

So, Koki stayed home today.
It has been a while since I stayed home all day with him, alone.
I remembered how we used to spend time together all the time before he started his day care. This was back early 2010 (I went back to work in July of 2010).
We've come a long way, Koki quickly adjusted to a life with friends at a day care that now at an age of 2 years and 8 months, he doesn't want to stay with his mom at home, he'd rather go play with his friends at a day care.

Sometimes I wished I did not work and stayed with Koki to play etc., but the reality is that Koki is starting to grow out of his baby period when he is starting to build his own world, and I am used to the lifestyle of juggling between working and motherhood that it has become part of me and it is hard to imagine staying in home all day everyday... especially in Tokyo.

Good night.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー