2012年1月14日土曜日

整体, seitai- physical alignment


結局、息子が4時頃から今朝まで寝たので、金曜日中に仕事が終わった。
そんなに寝るということはやはり体調が悪かったのだろうな、かわいそうに。少しくらい仕事に皺寄せがいっても、やはり保育園は休み家でゆっくりさせてよかったかな。

少し前から気になっていた首肩こり。夜中寝返りの際に痛みで起きることもしばしば。今週に入り、首が右に回せないくらいひどくなったので、友人から聞いた整体にいってきた。行く前はちょっともったいないかな、などとケチ根性をちらつかせたが、いってよかった。45分たっぷり全身、背中、首肩(特に回らない右側を重点的に)、腰、とマッサージしてもらい、大分体が軽くなった。
揉んでもらっている時に、「こりゃ、ひどい。こんなになる前に来なきゃ。ひどくなると、なかなか良くならないよ。」と言われた。なんで、こんなになったのだろう、と疑問に思っていたが、整体師さん曰く、人にはそれぞれ身体の癖があって、その癖を治さないと身体のバランスが偏り、不調が出るらしい。私の場合、実を言うと右より左の方ばかり使っているから、左の偏りをとらないといけないらしい。

何事も偏りはよくないですね。バランスが取れてないと。
以前著名なヨギ(ヨガやる人のこと)の本*に、偏り・執着は不調のもと。何かに意味を見いだすことはいいことだが、それを拠り所にしたり、執着して偏るな、とあった。

なるほど、食事も、仕事も、人間関係も、すべて、何事もバランス、ですな。

仕事減らすかな〜(冗談です)

Thanks to Koki who started taking a nap from 4 PM and ended up sleeping until this morning, I finished my research work last night.  Toru came home early to look after Koki, but he did not wake up even once.  I realize he must've really been sick that he needed that long hours of sleep.

I have been wanting to go to a massage or shiatsu for my aching neck and shoulders but have been postponing with busy schedule.  Past few days I have been waking up in middle of night because of my aching neck when I toss and turn in bed.  As I remembered my friend Maiko mentioning about a local massage she went was pretty good with a trial for 2980 yen (US$35) for 45 minutes, I decided to make a reservation this afternoon.

It turns out it was seitai which I never experienced before (I had few treatments of western chiropractic but never a seitai). Seitai-shi (therapist) focuses to align your body by massaging with his/ her fingers and palms. My therapist was a Chinese guy and he was pretty good.
He told me the important thing is to balance my body whatever I do. Everyone has a physical tendency and often that tendency (i.e. crossing legs or resting your chin in your hand when you sit) causes imbalance which accumulates to be a physical trouble like neck pain or back pain.

This anyhow reminded me of my favorite book* by a well known Yogi which said, imbalance and attachment cause disorder or trouble.  Like something but never attach to one thing which often creates conflicts.

Food, relationship, health, everything is based on a common concept.  To live well, maintain the balance, ying and yang.

* To Know Yourself, Swami Satchidananda

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー