都心での育児、仕事、日々のこと、自分の感じたことを気ままにつづってます
Writing about parenthood, work, and life in central Tokyo.
2012年1月24日火曜日
やる気の問題, a matter of dedication
昨夜お風呂から出て、ふと外を見ると雪!
息子はテンションが上がりまくり、せっかくお風呂出て寝るところなのに、もうあとの祭り。ドライヤーをかけ、歯磨きをすませ、厚着をしてベランダに出ると雪雪雪。私はその時点で、今日は在宅仕事決定。朝遠回りして息子とザクザク雪の残る所を選んで保育園へ。帰って掃除。在宅仕事始めたのは結局11時くらい。
今仕事でやってるリサーチ、かなーり情報検索に苦闘中。ある病気症例とその手術件数やら疾患数など、そもそもがあまり公開されていない情報で日本語でも探すのが大変だが、英語で英語圏じゃない国の情報ともなるとかなり苦戦。そもそもが病気の症例など、あまり楽しい内容ではない上、結果が費やした時間に付いて来ないと段々とやる気が下がってくる。。。
今年から増やしたもう1つの仕事。
やっと連絡がきたと思ったら初っぱなからビジネスランチの同席。いつの間にか名刺も刷ったらしい。ということで、金曜日は六本木ヒルズクラブでビジネスランチしてきます。なかなか庶民には入る機会もない六本木ヒルズクラブ(存在さえ知らなかった。。)、よーく偵察してきて報告します!
なんか、こっちの復職の仕事のほうが楽しそうだな〜
て、やる気の問題か。。。
さてさて、保育園お迎えまでリサーチ再開しますかな。
It snowed again last night. This time more that house roofs around our building were still white with snow this morning. Koki was all excited last night after taking bath when I told him it was snowing outside. He woke up early this morning waking both Toru and myself up claiming he wants to go outside to see the snow.
At the sight of snow falling, I decided to work from home today. I walked with Koki in a different roads to walk on remaining snow in back streets on our way to his day care. I vacuumed our place and it was around 11 AM at last I started on my research work.
Oh boy.. this research, seems like a hard target. I've been spending more than 2 days on a single research and not finding much useful information. Since this is a research to help my boss target down the countries he will suggest for his clients to focus their business on, it is critical, yet, finding English sources of non English speaking countries (especially when it comes to incidence or surgery of a certain disease etc.) it is time consuming and in many occasions not effective.
Another job to start this Friday!
The business owner came back from LA finally and contacted me. He printed my business card already and my first job is to sit in a business lunch meeting with him this Friday at Roppongi Hills Club, one of very high end membership only service for, I don't know whom, I guess whoever can afford it.
I guess this will be one of few occasions I have chance to peak in such a place, so I will investigate and report here.
It looks like this new job will be a nice change in my work pattern (I've been sitting in front of PC 7 hours straight; except 1 hour lunch break; everyday without any socialization ever since last October).
Do you say I need more dedication?
Well, I will get back to an endless research work now, for at least another hour before I go pick up Koki.
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿