2016年6月29日水曜日

At Lunch Break

今朝は雨が降っていなかったので自転車で出たため、朝はまた早めについたので
ミッドタウン1階にあるスタバに寄り、外のベンチで一服してから出社。
コーヒーは買うのがクセになると続けてしまうので要注意。
でも、一日の中でゆったりした時間もこの時だけだし、ま、いっかな。
週明け初出勤の昨日、社長と話して時給を上げてもらった。もう1つの課題だった
仕事内容だが、当然おいそれと英語案件にすり替わることはなく、不得意な内容で
はないし、まあ出来る、という感じ。

それより面食らうのは、自分が外出で不在になる時は早めに退社を求められる
(今日は16時までのはずが14時半退社)のと、
ただでさえ短時間労働なのに1時間昼休憩をとることを求められる点、、、
来週は月曜が不在とかでオフにされてしまった。
8月は海外にいくとかでほぼ来なくていい宣言されるし。

お金にならないのはもちろんだが、仕事も間が開いてしまい完結しない、進まない。

うーん、やはり社長としては賃上げ納得いってないのかなあ、というのが今日の感想。
でも、納得しないなら、なぜそう言わないのだろうか、、、謎だ。

こんなんでダラダラいくのかなあ、とちょっと不安。
とはいえ、こちらも学校の予定やら何やらで行けなかったりするから贅沢は言えないのだろうけどねえ、、、

やっぱり0歳児、7歳児抱えて仕事はなかなかままならないもんですなあ。

そんな中、
明日は午前に代官山でカリフォルニア出身の人で教育関係の東京オフィスを運営する人と約束あり。

インターに引き続きの教育関係、私も子供がいるので興味はなくはない、が、ちょっと気になるのは保護者対応が含まれるかどうか。
正直、息子が通っていた保育園やインターを見るに、子供より親対応が大変そうだった。
インターの時は私は100%事務方だから保護者対応はいっさいなかったのだが、今回はどうか、要確認。
とはいえ、これはいい、これは嫌、と我がままばかりも言っていられないので、柔軟に検討したいな、とは思っている、が。
カリフォルニア派生のビジネスらしく、ウェブサイトを見ると、カリフォルニアのそこここにオフィスがあって、それ見ただけでテンション上がった単純な私。

どうなるかな〜。
そこが駄目そうなら、しばらくは今の職場でだまし、だまし、やる、かなあ。

This morning I got to Roppongi earlier because with no rain I left home on my bicycle. I stopped by at a Starbucks on the ground floor of Midtown before going to office, sat outside, took a short break.
This 15-20 min break in the morning before starting a day is a precious time for me as it is the only time when I can think nothing but just "take a break".
I came to work yesterday and we had a talk about my wage and work descriptions. My employer raised my hourly wage up to what I was earning at the international school, a minimum wage in my mind, so I am grateful for that.
Work itself is nothing exciting but doable and is ok for now.

More issue now is that my employer asks me to take 1 hour break out of my short day, asks me to leave early when he is not at the office, asks me to take one of the 2 work days of a week... this hints me that maybe he is not really OK with the wage raise.  He also told me he will be gone most of August so there will be not much work in August.

Hmmm. Something strange here.

But, when I turn to myself, with 2 small children (maybe Koki is not so small any more?) and hectic school schedule, I can't ask too much, I guess.

On a separate occasion,
I am meeting up with a guy from California tomorrow morning to possibly discuss a job opportunity. By the fact that this education related business originally started in California and the representative of Tokyo Office is from Orange County, California, I am already looking forward to it (feeling the California vibe already, or not?!).
 
Wish me luck.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー