都心での育児、仕事、日々のこと、自分の感じたことを気ままにつづってます
Writing about parenthood, work, and life in central Tokyo.
2013年3月12日火曜日
シンプルに, live simple physically, emotionally
終わりました、怒濤の翻訳作業。
今回はロッド・スチュワート(UK出身ロック歌手)の
ライナーノーツだった、難しかった。
毎回どうしても分からない英語の表現などを
LAにいる友達にメールで確認するのだが、
今回は比喩の嵐でお世話になりっぱなしだった。
ありがたや、ありがたや。
そして、大変だけど、やっぱり言葉は面白い!
週末、ひさびさに姉と姪っ子が遊びに来た。
いやあ、兄弟はいいっすねー、気兼ねが無いというか。
とりとめのない話をしただけだけど、リラックス。
うちの母は妹弟が一人を抜かしてみんな地元に住んでる。
わかるなー。
羨ましいなー。
うちは一番上の姉が横浜、今回来た真ん中の姉は千葉。
みんな関東圏にいるけど、なかなか顔を合わせる機会が
ない。
ちょっと寂しいっす。
話かわって、、、
おもいがけず、因果応報状態。
とほほ〜
でも、要は私も人のことぜんっぜん
言えなかった、
てことだ。
だから、これからは
言わないように、なる、ぞ。
自分を守り、切り捨て狭める
ことは簡単、楽、
でもそれじゃあつまらない。
自分にも他人にももっと寛大に
なって、生活を軽くし、
楽しみたいっすね。
座禅でもくむか?
Thanks to my friend Ken in LA,
I got done with enormous translation of
Rod Stewart liner notes.
It was tough, lots of metaphors and
sentences which makes no sense.
I realize I am not yet bilingual....
Yet, I again enjoyed the project.
Words are fun.
My sister and my niece came over on Sunday.
We had lunch together.
Such a quality time.
I wish my 2 sisters (and their families) and
we lived closer... just like my mom.
My mom and her 2 sisters and a brother live
in my hometown (1 aunt lives in Tokyo).
That must be nice.
Through this recent tangling emotional experience,
I realize narrowing myself with cutting down
things by a quick assessment or from a
small tangling is very tricky,
yes, it will limit my life therefore in a way makes
my life easier, but at the same time,
I run a chance of missing out on the essential
and the good.
I am not perfect, no one is,
thats why we are all living in this world,
so why not let go,
if it is not something that will end my world.
Don't hold grudges against trivial bumps,
let them come right through to an exit,
stay free, live simple.