父のPCを設置すべく私の実家に来てます。
旦那が日曜夕方に全部やってくれたので
私はデータの移行だけ。
Windows 7。
これまでのXPに比べ 速い。
が、父は新しいOffice製品に戸惑ってる、
かなり。
使うのはOutlookとWordくらいなので
時間の問題で慣れるとは思うが。
今日午後、母と二人で2階の部屋の模様替え
をし、物置になっていた北西の部屋を片付け、
私と息子はそこに移動した。
これまでは母が居間に寝、私たちが母の部屋を
占拠していたが、これで母も落ち着いて寝られる
だろう。
模様替えついでに母の使わなくなったハンドバッグ
をもらったり、昔懐かしいものが出て来たりして
面白かった。
しかし寒い!
お風呂沸かして浸かってから寝るとするかな。
Koki and I are at my parents' house.
I came to set up my dad's new PC with Windows 7.
His long time friend XP is too slow and Microsoft
is terminating the support.
At age 77, new softwares are overwhelming, but
Word and Outlook are simple enough for him
to spend sometime to get used to.
on the 2nd floor of the house to make room in a
smallest room for Koki and I to sleep.
Now my mom has her own room back to have a
good night sleep.
In the course of cleaning up the rooms and furniture,
we found so many reminiscent stuff from my child-
hood. Precious.
My mom gave me purses and bags she does not use
any more.
I always admired her jewerlies and purses as a small
child and little by little she is passing them down to
my 2 sisters and myself, taking turns.
This time a small cute red handbag is added to my
wardrobe.
My hands are freezing and my back sore from typing
inside bed... I should reheat the bath again to
soak myself before going to sleep.
Good night.
(In Japan, bathing is a serious deal.
Especially in winter, we like to prepare a very
hot bath, like a small hot spring, and soak ourselves
in it before going to bed.
Usually Japanese bathroom has a big washing area
with shower, with a big bath tub right next to it.
Not many people have a separate shower room like
many western houses do.
Many people have a chair inside the washing area and
wash well with a washing cloth before soaking themselves
in the hot water.
Many use gas bath system which allows the bath water
to be reheated to whatever temperature we want, with
automatic reheat function.
I personally like 41C in the winter.)
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿