2013年6月22日土曜日

Pre Sale

近所のジャズ喫茶でくつろぐ息子
Koki feeling cozy at a local jazz cafe

今週は梅雨らしくずっとなんとなく雨が降ってた。
今朝は台風4号も消え晴天◎

今週は木曜夜、前々から約束していた昔の勤め先
(新卒で入った会社)の元直属男性上司2人と元同僚で
友達の女性一人と久々にご飯。
元上司の2人のうちの一人は家も結構近いし、たまに
近所でばったり会ったりするのだが、
この度うちの駅前立ち飲み屋(安い、つまみ130円〜)で
修行を始めたらしく、思いがけず超地元で会えた。
その女友達が引っ越すのにこの辺か別の大きな公園の近くの
エリアか悩んでるらしかったので、この辺のエリアを強く
ススメてきた。
(実際かなり交通の便もよい割に下町感も少し残っていて
物価も意外に安くかなり住みやすい)

最近手伝い出した会社が思いがけず客先に出向くことが多く、
そうなると一張羅のスーツでは不安になってきた。
そこにちょうど大好きだけどセールでしかほとんど買えない
COMPTOIR DES COTONNIERS
というフランスの服屋さんのシークレットプリセールの葉書が
届いたので、水曜日下見にいってきた。
ジャケット類は50%オフということなので、今朝は11時オープン
と共に駆け込み入手してこようと思ってます。

若い頃は体系も締まっているし、第一若さがあるから安物でも
どうにかなるが、だんだんと大人になってくると自分の体型にあって
いて着心地が良い良質のものを着ないと体調まで悪くなることに
最近気づいた。

着心地、かなり重要です。

ここ数年、着心地が良く、私の体型に合うらしいこの店の服をセールの
度に少しずつ品定めし買っている。

とはいえ、頭のてっぺんから足の先まで良質は財布が許さないので、
夏のジャケット下のノースリーブ(着肌面積の少ないもの)や、
サイズで多少誤摩化せるパンツや意外に探せば見つかる鞄などは
まだファスト系などで済ませている。

やっぱり重要なのは靴とジャケット。
ここが最悪だとほんとーに疲れる。

でも本当はパンツのベルト周りのフィット感も結構重要なので、
もうちょっと稼いでパンツも良いのにしたいなー。

A rain season kicked in this week, a misty week.
Petals of umbrella bloomed everywhere.
I desperately need a good pair of rain boots and a rain
jacket. I've been saying this over 2-3 years now.

On Thursday night, Toru came home with no over time
(but still past 8pm) and so I went to see my ex-corker/
friend plus 2 ex-bosses who were having dinner in my
neighborhood. Turns out one of my 2 ex-bosses started
working at a tachinomi (a pub where you stand and eat/
drink) in front of a train station.
All of them live within 30 min from my train station, so
very easy to get together. Next time my ex-boss told me
to bring Koki.

As my new job started picking up slowly over past few
months and this job brings me to financial institutes, and
to other places where I need to look decent,
I am starting to run out of my business wardrobe.

Just when I was thinking that, a flyer from my favorite
(but often not affordable with regular price) clothing
store COMPTOIR DES COTONNIERS flew in our mailbox.
Went to do a precheck on Wednesday and found one
jacket, will be 50% off the regular price tag from today,
so I am going on a tiny shopping spree today.

As I age, I start to realize quality beats quantity sometimes.
Those "fast fashion" brand clothes are surely affordable
however, they don't last long and most importantly
makes you feel awful wearing them....

I don't need lots of clothes to wear,
just few pieces per category (i.e. 2 jackets, 2 pair of shoes,
3-4 shirts, 3 pants etc.) that fit perfectly to my body,
feel comfortable wearing them, and at the same time
pleasing to my eyes (not to other people's).

After all, trend is trend, it will go away.
I need clothes which will stay with me for however they last
to comfort me and satisfy me.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー