2013年4月4日木曜日

春雨、spring rain

区立図書館、at a public library
昨日一昨日の冷たい雨は止み、
今朝は気持ちのよい晴天。
気温も戻り、午後からかなり上がるらしい。
これから梅雨まではいい季節だ。心も躍る♩

春休み突入4日目、気づいたらなんだかんだと
過ぎてってる。
初日は公園、2日目は雨の中図書館へいった。

都会過ぎる!お金がかかる!と日頃愚痴ることが多いが、
比較的大きく緑豊な公園が近くにあり、児童書エリアが
半分もある公立図書館が徒歩圏にあるのはかなりありがたい。

図書館は2週間に1度返却期限がくるが、東京都内であれば
他の図書館の本も頼めば最寄りの図書館に転送してくれる
から読むものが尽きてしまう心配もない。
基本的に本は一度読んだらお気に入り以外は読まないし、
溜まるから買うより借りて返すのがこの狭い都会住宅事情
には助かる。

息子はミッケ!(人気の児童書)3冊と何か戦隊ものの図鑑を
1冊借り、トミカ図鑑を2冊予約した。
私は青色申告の仕方・帳簿の付け方、園児のお弁当、村上春樹
1冊を借りた。

休み3日目の昨日は 友人からの紹介で急遽ひさびさの通訳仕事
だった。何度やっても通訳(同時ではなく逐次だけど)は難しい。
本当の意味で100%できるようになるにはやはり訓練が必要
なんだろうな、と思う。
そこまでの能力はなくても、今自分が持っている語学能力+
その他もろもろのスキルを限界までプッシュする感じが
きついけど好きだ。

さて、今日はまやちゃんと遊び、明日はコスコに行く予定。
お休みも気づいたらあっという間かも。

A bright sunny morning here in Tokyo after 2 days of cold
rain. The temperature is supposed to rise as well today.
I am looking forward to a nice spring warm day ahead.

Koki's spring break kicked off with sickness but on Monday,
he was well enough to play at a nearby park. On Tuesday,
we went to a public library in rain. Only few people because
of pouring rain, we had the children area of the library almost
all to ourselves.

I love library, I always have ever since I was little.
It is great that they let you search their database and any book
from any public Tokyo library can be transferred to a nearby
library to be borrowed.
With limited space on our small book shelves, this is a great
way to read books.

A friend and ex co-worker of mine referred me to a Polish
business owner who needed an interpreter for his business
meeting next day and yesterday because Toru was luckily
able to snatch a day off (thanks!), I was in 2 meetings
interpreting conversations away, altogether 3 hours maybe.

Most of the time I translate, but time to time when an opportunity
rises like this time, I enjoy the challenge of the interpretation work.
Interpretation is harder because you cannot look up on internet
at the site (of course not), or ask for native speaker's opinion to
change your work later.

Well, it seems like he and his partner were happy about my work
and they said they will come back to me with a list of things they
need to get done for setting up their business in real sense.

We are off to play with my friend and her daughter Maya today.

Have a nice day!

フォロワー