2011年12月14日水曜日

紅葉, trees in autumn colors


今のオフィスは永田町から麹町の間の高台にそびえ立つビル。
窓際ではないけれど、デスクから見える窓から見える景色は全て木。というのも、すぐ隣に割に大きめの公園があるから。赤坂の方にお使いを頼まれた時は隣接の公園を抜け下山するのだけれど、この公園がなかなか良い。最近は紅葉も終わってきたが、少し前までは紅葉やら銀杏やら色づいてなかなか奇麗だった。
麹町というエリア、なかなか来ないエリアだが、働いてみても特に特徴のないエリア。強いて言えば国会議事堂が近いことだが、だからといって別に他に特に何もない、会社しかない地味な昔ながらのオフィス街。オヤジ率高、ギャル率ゼロ。うちからは地下鉄1本30分、意外に近い。ワンコインランチなど皆無でランチが比較的高いのが難点だが、案外スタバやタリーズなどの手堅いカフェは揃っているし、仕事だけして帰る+ランチは一人静かにノンビリができるので、忙しいワーキングマザーにはこの上ないエリアかもしれない。

少し前に職場を愚痴ったが、まあ、人は変わらなくても自分は自分次第変えられる。
何事も一長一短。事象を多角的に捉え、理想像よりも目の前の現実に自分を添わせれば生活が軌道にのり、潤滑に進むようになった。

明日で今週も終わり!
金曜は土曜のクリスマスパーティーに向け息子とショッピングにいくぞ。

I complained a bit about my working environment and after that I realized (at last...) it is easier to change my mind set rather than expecting people to change, you cannot expect people to change, thats the worst thing you can do. You can always change yourself (just like how Michael Jackson sings in his infamous Man in a Mirror), because you are yourself.

My office stands on a top of a hill from Nagatacho to Kojimachi, an old business town with National Diet Building nearby, but not much more.  Lunch tends to be fairly high priced compared to other nearby business areas like Akasaka Mitsuke or Tameike Sannoh which time to time I go down to have "one-coin" (500 yen) lunch with my ex co-worker.
Yet, I am starting to like the area because there are no kids running around which can be a disaster especially on lunch out (limited break time, precious). Plus, it has many cafes such as Starbucks or Tully's (Japanese version of Starbucks) which enables me to get away from a working environment during a 60 hour lunch break during which I usually read a book with a cup of coffee plus something.

There is a mid size park right next to the building I work in and from my desk I see tress outside a nearby window which is quite nice.

I am getting adjusted to the environment finally.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー