2011年12月6日火曜日

Facebook

全然アップもチェックもしないFacebook。

まだ日本に紹介されていなかった頃は、海外の友達の動向などが伺えてよかったものの、今となればグローバル化し、ここ1、2年でFriendsリストはあっという間に膨れ上がった。

おかげで、以前は近しい友達だけだったので公開していた結婚式や子供の写真などパーソナルなものは、今はほとんど非公開。いつも不特定多数を意識してアップしなきゃいけなくなり、面倒になったのがそもそも疎遠になったきっかけ。

そんな折、春前にハワイの友達がFacebookから忽然と消え、春にハワイに遊びに行った折理由を聞くと、

「あれはやれば中毒になり、無駄な時間を取られ、やめたら清清した」

といっていたが、それ以来、「やめてしまいたい」という衝動にたまに駆られてきた。

でも、アメリカのハイスクールで一緒だった昔の仲良しや、ロス時代からの親友で今はフランスにいる友達など、主にFacebookで繋がっている友達との縁が切れるの惜しい。

一時は別名でアカウントを作り直して入れたい人だけInviteしようかとも思ったが、それも面倒だしやめた。

そこで知った、Unfriendという選択肢。
目から鱗(おおげさか?)。おかげでFriendsリストが半分以下に縮小。気持ち的重荷もかなり下りた。

かなりUnfriendlyな行為のUnfriend化だけど、以外にUnfriendした相手って写真に「いいね」を押すくらいしかコンタクトしてこない相手だったりするので、相手も気づかないかも?!

それにしても、変な時代になったよな。。。
昭和生まれのオバサンは、この何でも即席の世の中がかなりギモンです。

I neither update nor even open Facebook nowdays.

I used to be hooked when I frist started (just like anyone who just started).
Back then I only had my good friends on my list, but after a few years, especially after it became globally well known, I received so many invitations from not only friends but also acquaintances whom I don't even know that well and I confrimed too many of them (and I myself too probably made many out there confirm me too).

The reason I stopped updating Facebook was initially because there are just too many people on my Friends list whom I don't necessarily need to share my personal photos with (they are probably good people, but anyhow I feel uncomfortable that they peek on my profile, photos, etc.).

Today I found an option fo "unfriend" people from my list and viola, my list is down to one third.

This whole SNS thing I am not so crazy about, but at least I now only have friends who are really friends on my list.

Unfriend-ing someone is surely not a friendly thing to do, but after all I doubt if those I unfriend-ed would even care. Plus, I update my dos on this blog, so if you ever wonder what the heck I am doing recently, come see me here.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー