| Christmas gifts and Koki |
週末はじいじ、ばあば、伯父さん、伯母さん、従姉が来て早めのクリスマス会。
アイスクリームケーキに大好きなカーズ、プラレールのおもちゃと、夢のような一日。大人はうちの母お手製のキーシュ、サラダ、日頃はあまり口にしない美味しいチーズ、パン、ハムなどに、義父が私にちょっとしたお手伝いのお礼に下さった赤ワインで、なかなか贅沢なお昼ご飯でお祝いした。一番上の姉夫婦が体調不良で来られなかったのが少し残念。
土曜のクリスマスに師走気分が加わり、いつもより無礼講で両日夜更かしをし、息子は今朝9時まで寝ていた。
どうせ午後歯医者だし、追われていたリサーチの仕事も落ち着いたので、今日は思い切ってお休みを取った。
息子を9時半過ぎに保育園に送り、その足で商店街へ買い物へ。
いつもは仕事後、保育園お迎えの間の大急ぎ 10分の買い物が、今日はのんびり1時間近くかけ、薬局、スーパー、輸入食品屋を回った。薬局では年末に向け少しずつ進めている大掃除に買おうと思っていた網戸クリーナーの購入のため、いつもは絶対やらない複数薬局価格比較までしてしまった(時間があって子供レスなら意外に楽しかったりする)。結果、変わらないのでいつもの薬局で買った(ポイント付くしね)。
家に戻って11時半。洗濯機を回す間、正面の窓2つ、網戸2つを拭いた。ちょっと気分スッキリして昼食。
年明けからもう1つ仕事をすることになった。少し前にネットで見つけて先週社長と会って話して来て、今朝オファーレターがきていた。
危機管理系の会社、香港、イギリス、ロサンゼルス、東京に提携オフィスを置き、グローバルにサービス展開する(こちらも)アメリカ人の会社。仕事は在宅もしくは空いた時間でOKのオフィス・マネージャー。
辰年は稼ぐぞ!
Last Saturday was an early Christmas party at our place.
Koki was happy to receive his favorite The Cars toy and a Pra-rail toy from his grandpa/ grandma and auntie/ uncle. My mom made a delicious quiche and brought gourmet cheese, ham, and breads which were accompanied by a good Australian wine my father in law gave me as a Thank-you gift for doing a little favor. Kids were excited to see an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins.
Because Koki was over-sleeping and I have a 4pm dentist appointment, I decided to call it an off today. After taking Koki to his day care, I spent a long an hour and half shopping around my neighborhood. I even researched several drug stores to see price differences on cleaning items (in Japan, we do a major house cleaning before the end of the year to get rid of bad and welcome in good). It ended up being not much, so I bought them at a store I usually buy to accumulate shopping points on my point card (these 'point cards' get accumulate in my wallet that once in a while, I do a cleaning here too).
My grocery shopping also felt almost fun not having to worry about time. I usually rush through a super market to do shopping in 10 minutes or so before I go pick up Koki from his day care.
It looks like I will start another job from the new year.
A rist management company owned by and an American guy who has partners in London, Hong Kong, Los Angeles, and has client and provides service globally. I will manage Tokyo office under his supervision. This job can be done remotely and on my own terms in terms of time and how/ where I work, so I decided to take on.
Year of Dragon is already looking like a busy year!
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿