2011年4月29日金曜日

Waikiki, day 3

昨日は約束通り午前中にビーチへ。
波にはしゃぐ息子、沖でサーフィンする人を見てやりたがる。中耳炎が完治してるか微妙なので可哀想だけど足まで。一度コンドミニアムに戻り、簡単に腹ごしらえしてバスに乗って出かける。
カリフォルニアでもハワイでもなぜか好きなIslandsというレストラン。なんとなく行きたくなり向かう。まだ昼過ぎなので、夕飯には早いためショッピングセンター内をうろつく。
今回はステイが長いし、友人宅とはいっても二重生活の出費も嵩むので出費は極力抑えているため、カハラも含め5度は超すSCでも物欲は特に湧かず。プラス、毎回大体抱っこ紐の中で息子が寝るのでかなりの体力消耗のため、そんなに気力体力ももたないというのもある。
Caesar salad with beer
今回はSCからベビーカーを借りられると調べていたし、ちょうど行きのバスで寝たので、ちょっとくらい見ようかと期待していったが、そのベビーカーたるものがプラスチック製で固そうな直立型(要はショッピングカートレベルのかんじ)。マクラーレンまでいかなくても、せめて簡易バギーを想像してた私は甘かった・・・青いプラチックの熊の背に"Hi Kids, my name is xxx"と能天気に書いてある超アメリカンなカートをみながら 、「そうだよな、タダだしアメリカだもんな」と一人笑ってしまった。まずは白木屋内のブックオフ本を購入。長いとやはり日本語の活字に飢える。
Tortilla chips
息子が起き出したので日も少し傾いたしIslandsへ。バスで来たのをいいことに生ビールを頼んでしまった。あとはアメリカにきたら必ず食べるチップス&ワカモレ/サルサ、チキンシーザーサラダ(ハーフ)。息子にはキッズミールのハンバーガーにフライの代わりに人参スティック(選べた)とアップルソース(デザート)。子供には座るとすぐに飽きないように塗り絵とクレヨン4本セットをくれる。こうゆうサービスがアメリカのレストランは本当に良い!
帰りはトロリーバスを選んで(片道$2で誰でも乗れるらしい)風をきり、外を見物しながらワイキキへ戻った。

今日午後からまたお山に戻りました。山は静かで、息子はここの子供たちに会えて大喜び。

A 2T wetsuit!!
But he protested after
this photo.
My son had fun at the beach yesterday in the morning.  He played a little by the shore, felt surf on his feet.  Seeing surfers, he wanted to go deeper in the water but not knowing how his ear infection is at right now, I led him stay on shore.  We walked around and came back.  Took a nap, ate a small lunch, headed out to a mall again.

Every time my husband and I come, we always go to Islands, a hamburger restaurant, in Alamoana SC and this time I wanted to go again, so we went (only this time my husband is not around, oh well, we can do it again when he comes).

I was hoping to borrow a baby stroller they claimed they lend out to shoppers, but turns out it's a cart rather than a stroller.  Since my son was asleep, I could not borrow, because there was no way he was going to sleep in that thing.  I again had to carry him around in my baby carrier which can add alot when you walk around for a while. Though I am used to this and I committed to not buying a stroller to myself before I came to Hawaii(I already have 2 in Japan, plus I don't want to add more stuff to carry on a way back to Japan), for once I wished somebody would lend me a stroller for next few hours so I can window shop (not really buy anything, but just to look).

Tortilla chips with salsa and guacamole, chicken ceaser salad, food that is always better to eat in US no matter how many American restaurants open in Tokyo. They gave crayon and paper to draw to my son so he won't get bored.  I wished restaurants in Japan were more kids friendly like here.  I enjoyed my salad, chips with a draft beer.  On a way back we took trolley bus.  

Today we are back in valley, so quiet and peace here.

2 件のコメント:

LEAママ さんのコメント...

クレヨンね。
うちも持ち帰ったわよ。
いまだに持って歩いてるわ。
赤が折れたけど。。。( ´艸`)

そうだよね。。。
やっぱ人がいるっていいよね。
これからパパが行くんだもんね。
待ち遠しいね。

yuko さんのコメント...

他のレストランでもああゆうのあるのだろうね。
子連れ初めての海外、子連れだと新発見が多いよ。
アラモアナSCのベビーカー知らなかったもん。
あと日本人の子連れはマクラーレンか、いかにも地元で格安で
調達した感じのバギーかに奇麗に分かれる。
2歳の子供抱っこ紐は私くらいだわ。そりゃそうか・・・

コメントを投稿

フォロワー