週末は近所の家のPotluck(みんなで持ち寄りのパーティーのことをそう呼ぶらしい)に参加。ひさびさのアメリカンなパーティーに多少面食らうものの、息子が一緒なのでそう長く世間話をすることもなく、さすがの私もかなりほっとした。
カリフォルニアに住んでいた頃は際限なく誰とでも話せたものだけど、昔取った杵柄と化したかな・・・
日本でも仕事上外国人と対等に疎通するためのコミュニケーション力が1つの能力として高い注目を集めるけれど、小さい頃からあらゆる所で他人と交わることを求められる人々とは環境自体が違うのだから、同じことを日本人に求めるのは無理がある気もする。
それぞれの文化、または人にそれぞれの表現・意思の疎通方法があってよいのだと思う。
言葉を第一の意思疎通方法として用いない幼児は強い。大人を尻目にバブー語で逞しく遊ぶ。大きい子に英語で何か言われても笑顔、嫌な時は「いやや!」と日本語で堂々と返す。本来あるべき姿?子供からは学ぶことが多い。
今日は午後からビーチに。ワイキキより少しダイアモンドヘッドのほうに外れたファミリービーチ。やっぱりハワイはビーチに限る。朝は波チェックに付き合いダイアモンドヘッド崖下スポットを見に行ったけど、前回そこで波乗りしたことが信じられなかった。もう体力的に無理だろうな・・・
波をみたら無性に乗りたくなった。
Weekend was full of fun.
On Saturday night we hiked up to a potluck party at neighbor's house. Many people came and several people brought their guitars and ukeleles to play music outside around camp fire. Bush and mountain are great for kids, they find so much to play with. My son fell asleep on our hike down to the house.
On Sunday morning, we headed out to the Cliffs just off Diamond Head to check surf. Looked real windy. A wind surfer was having most blast out of the condition. I can't believe I surfed there last time we came here. I don't think I have guts to paddle out that far now, too scared.
In the afternoon, we went to Kaimana Beach near Kapiolani park, a nice family beach with surf breaking far out, safe for children. I saw many paddle boarders with their paddle sticks. I see more and more of them in Shonan where we surf back in Japan and I have been wanting to try them.
I might take the Bus to Alamoana to look for my surf gears this week.
After seeing surf this morning, something is calling me to go out and surf...


2 件のコメント:
w(゚_゚)w オオー!パーチー好きよね。
うちは、最近やらなくなったけど
もっぱら、カピオラにでバーベキューだよ。
日本人率多いけどね。。。( ̄∀ ̄*)アハハッ
後はアメリカンだけどコリアンとかね。
波乗れるといいね☆
体力的に大丈夫でしょ?
こちらは99%アメリカ人だったわ。
バーベキュー期待してたら持ち寄りだったわ。
アメリカきたのにまだ一度もバーベキュー食べてない。。。
ハンバーガーも(涙)
コメントを投稿