水曜日の夕方5時半過ぎ洸希の離乳食の準備にキッチンに入って程なくガタンという音。テーブルの下で洸希がIKEAの折りたたみ椅子を抱えて転がって大泣き。急いで抱き上げたら血がポタポタと床に垂れた。ビックリしてまず頭と耳を確認、傷なし、ほっと一息つきながら顔を見ると口が血だらけ。再び焦る。
すごい血!女で血に慣れているはずなのに少しパニくる自分を心の中でなだめながら、泣きじゃくって私の手を遮る洸希を押さえつけて口の中を確認。
上唇の裏が結構切れているが、歯は折れていない様子。「命に別状なし、冷静に、冷静に」と唱えながら時間を確認、18時ちょっと前。ひとまず近くの大学病院の救急に電話、口の中は口腔外科だと断られる。
いろいろなところに問い合わせた結果、東京女子医大の救急が診てくれるというのでタクシーで向かう。血も泣きもすでに治っていたから大丈夫だろうけど、一応。
洸希はタクシーの中で少しウトウト。病院についてみると先客4、5名、みんな具合悪そう。洸希はすでに元気で、待合室のソファの上でピョンピョン跳ねる。30分待ったころ呼ばれて若い男の先生が診てくれて、歯茎が結構切れてるけど歯は大丈夫。赤ちゃんは回復が早いからすぐ治りますよ、とのこと。ほっとして「その言葉を聞きにきたようなものです」。30分後職場からかけつけたダンナが到着。
帰りのタクシーの中で又血が出だしてティッシュで押さえ押さえ21時半すぎに帰宅。疲れてグッタリの洸希は顔とお尻だけ拭いてダンナが抱っこで寝んね。ほっと一息ついたら疲れがどっと来て、食欲もあまりないのでトースト一枚食べながら心配してくれていたLeaママにメール。つい最近Leaちゃんが退院してほっとしていた矢先のことで、お互い大変ね、と。
子を持つとは本当に大変なことですね。
Kohki experienced his first emergency room on Wednesday night.
As I were preparing his meal in the kitchen quarter to six at night, I heard a thud and I ran out of the kitchen. I found Kohki flat on the floor holding an IKEA folding chair on his face. As I quickly removed the chair and lifted Kohki up, few drops of blood fell on the floor. I panicked at the site of blood but soon realized that it is not the time to panic and I calmed myself to check his head and ears. No signs of blood there, I looked at his face and saw his mouth full of blood. He soon started crying hard and again I almost panicked but again managed to stay calm and opened his mouth. There was a cut in back of his upper lip and it looked pretty bad. After calling three hospital emergency rooms, Tokyo Women's Hospital took us in and I gathered everything I need for Kohki and rushed to the hospital with taxi.
By the time we got to the hospital, bleeding stopped and Kohki was asleep in my arm. After filling out documentation, we waited 30 minutes and a young male doctor checked Kohki. A minor cut and no stitches needed, no worries, babies recover quicker than us adults, he says. I told him I'm glad to hear that.
Toru arrived at the hospital half an hour later coming straight from work.
Three of us got home around nine thirty and we cleaned Kohki's face and changed him into nighties and put him in bed.
Another lesson learned.... it takes a lot of guts to be a parent.

0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿