都心での育児、仕事、日々のこと、自分の感じたことを気ままにつづってます
Writing about parenthood, work, and life in central Tokyo.
2019年3月30日土曜日
寒い中アミューズメント、winter is back
寒い冬空が戻る中、アミューズメントパークにでかけてきました。
有名なネズミさんがいるランドは世の中春休みのせいか、1年で一番混むらしく、根性もラネズミ愛も持ち合わせていない私と旦那は行き先を別のパークに。
大のジェットコースター好きな私だが、ここ何10年も乗っていないのだが、ここで思いがけず子供用ジェットコースターに3歳の息子も含めみんなで乗ったら、ひさびさにアドレナリン放出。一瞬「!」という状態に陥って、上の息子が引いていた。
最近のパークは夜になるとイルミネーションが綺麗で、それもこれもLEDが開発されたおかげだろう。
春休みなのにカップルより家族連れが多く、やっぱり若い人口って減ってるんだな、と日本の暗い現実を実感した。
会社の花見はどうなっただろうか、と帰りの車の中でふと思い出したが、やはり40代の私は参加しなくて正解だったな、と家族と話をしながら思った。
ライフステージが違いすぎる20代、30代独身さん&くんたちのわさわさが私にはオンタイムじゃなさすぎて、かつ40代て彼らが思ってるほどそこまで各段に大人てわけでもないのにそのスタンスからの関わりを多方面から期待されすぎて、
心底疲れてきた…
私は仕事にだけ集中したいのだけど、今のベンチャーはどうしてか気づいたら普段の私にはあまり見ないほどの入り込み方をしていて、雑音と負荷が多すぎて重い…いろいろなことが。
チームメートの仲間割れ仲裁…(溜息)と思ってるところに、先月から入った総務の子にもランチに誘われすでに再来週(!)にお昼にいく約束が入っているのだが、
うーむ、彼女のいるチームもなかなか濃ゆいので、
愚痴かな相談かな、と少しだけ予感。
ベンチャーて年長者がみんなマネジメントで遠いから、現場の年長者(私)に集中するのかしらね。
仕事はもっとしたいから年明けに家族にもそう伝えて調整することにしたのだけど、今の職場で稼働増やしちゃうともっと深みにはまる気がして、増やせないでいる。
そんな折、確定申告どうする云々で年明けあたりから休憩時に話すようになった外注のエンジニアとデザイナーとランチにいき、今のベンチャー以外にどうゆう仕事受注してるのか、とか、俯瞰してここの会社どうなのか、とか、を冷静に話すことができて、
あーなるほど、私も仕事のバラエティ増やそ
となって、昨日のポストの内容になった。
今朝も1つ外注の英訳仕事(ソーシャルメディアコンテンツ系)を見つけたのでポチっと応募してみた。今行ってるベンチャーが運よく和文英訳(ウェブコンテンツ&アプリ)なので、上手くはまってくれたらなーと思ってるが、
さてやいかに。
なんなんだろ、これいいな!という求人見つけてぽちっと応募した時に出るアドレナリン、ジェットコースの下り坂に匹敵する。
良い週末を。
Winter is back... yesterday was very cold, so is this morning.
With cherry blossoms starting to bloom, I am so longing for a warm sun and blue sky!
Yesterday, we took our kids to an amusement park in north Tokyo.
Toru is starting a new job from next week (April is the beginning of a new fiscal year for many companies) so I decided to make Friday an off-day so we have an extended weekend.
It was a first time jet coaster riding experience for both of my sons though it was a gentle kids jet coaster. I am a big jet coaster fan who loved Six Flags in California, but it has been a while since I rode a jet coaster. I had that adrenaline rush, even if it was a child jet coaster.
There was supposed to be a company wide Hanami at a nearby park in Shinbashi yesterday, but I am glad I did not go. Being mid 40s, it is better I did not join.
I have been feeling a bit of stress from being the work environment that is run 70% by 20s and 30s. It is new to me to be pulled in so deeply into the work environment being on a rather a personal privacy/ relationship? consultant position for many of these young guys...
From them, being in mid 40s seems to come across as if we are an exodus from all the issues and concerns they have in life (which partially true).
As much as I want people around me to be happy, I have my own life and issues too, and past few months have been too much of personal confessions which often are associated with requests of me to be the issue-solver (which I can't) plus company organization change and young teammates being in a bad term with the leader which again required my involvement etc., all this is just becoming too much that causes me to lose focus on my job performance.
So, as much as I like my job itself, I decided to physically limit my time spent for this startup, then look for something new to add to my schedule.
Again, back to a multi tasking work status.
I applied for online translator position (English to Japanese) which had me do an online test, resulting in a rather disappointment with only 13 out of 15 questions correct (at 87% correct). The company's threshold for passing the test is at 70%, so I guess I passed, but I am just disappointed with myself for not getting 100%.
I wonder how long it takes in the career to get 100% correct.
I don't know how this opportunity will turn up, so I applied for another translation job (Japanese to English) with another Japanese startup (this is 100% work from home contractual based position) this morning.
Risk hedge is very important.
Yet, I already have another lunch lined up in 2 weeks with a young admin person who just joined the problematic? startup. Judging from her surrounding (personnel), I am feeling she has some issues too...
Have a great weekend!

0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿