2019年3月9日土曜日

職に選ばれる身, let the destiny take me

Brainstorming
気づいたら3月。
まだまだ風が冷たいし、油断するとすぐ冷える、雨も多いけど、それでも「3月」という文字を見るだけで「春!」となって心が躍る。
1月、2月は暗黒、3月はピンク、のイメージ。4月は青かな。

英訳仕事やいかになんてモンモンとしながら、ポチっと他の仕事に応募したりもしてみただけど(ほぼ気晴らし;本気度低)、良い塩梅にどれも返事が来ず、派遣会社が紹介してきた案件は「クローズしました!」とすぐに返事が戻ってきていて、
直応募した会社も電話で社長と話して「面接来てみますか?」と言われたものの、今と仕事内容がさほど変わらないし結局断った(失礼いたしました)。

そうよね、やはりそうなりますよね。

中途半端な気持ちで「あわよくば」と他に移るのは辞めようと、その後、決意し、そこからは安定して仕事している。

そんな折、どこかのサイトで、
仕事を自分が選ぶ選ぶと忙しく動き回った30代、40代は職に選ばれるということを受け入れて、今目の前にある仕事をまずコツコツやってみる
とかなんとか書いてあり、「!!」。

なんと、タイムリー。

不思議と必要な時に必要な言葉を見つけるもんだな―と思ったが、おそらく、ドンピシャじゃない場合は興味ないからその言葉自体をスルーしてるのかもしれないなと思った。

私も来月には45。
7割がた希望に叶っている仕事につけていることに感謝し、人に恵まれた職場に感謝し、日々自分ができることをコツコツ積み上げていこうと思う。
そうしていくと、もしかしたら次の境地が開けてくるかもしれない。

何事も期待しすぎず、ほどよく、mid 40sの幕開け。

A guy from UK (his mother is from Japan but grew up in his dad's home country) living in Japan past 12 years joined my team (just me and him), a Japanese to English translation team at this Japanese startup based in Shinbashi, from February.
Having a native English speaker was something many of the staff wanted so I am glad he joined. He helps me a lot as well.

Having him past one month was great, but I slowly started to wonder where I'd fit now he is here... I am not an English native speaker, never learned how to write in English, so I struggled to translate and edit it into a good English sentence.

I hit a wall at end of Feb which I confided in my last post.
I wondered if this was really what I wanted to do for a couple of weeks.
And I finally came out of the cloud.

I decided to learn to write and improve my English a few posts ago, so I should hang on and continue to see where this job and challenge takes me, rather than giving up in this very beginning phase.

I've only started.

Cherry blossoms will bloom soon.
Spring is just around the corner.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー