![]() |
| New workplace |
とうとう12月突入。
その字のごとく、日々は飛ぶよう!
その字のごとく、日々は飛ぶよう!
師走を目前に今週から新しい就業先スタート。
なかなか特徴のある会社で、興味深い人ばかり。
私が庶務を引き継いだ女性はアメリカで育ったバイリンガル、
その隣の男性はもしかしたら日系かなという雰囲気。
2人とも日本語ペラペラだけど英語のほうがネイティブな感じで
フレンドリーさの加減というか出し方が、日本で育った感じじゃ
ないな、という雰囲気。
社長と他の取締役はみなさん日本で育った日本人、という感じだが、
おそらく仕事を通じて実地で英語を体得したのかなという雰囲気。
コンサルタント2人はおそらく30代前半〜中盤、社長+取締役は
みなさん50代かな。
会ってない人があと4人くらいいるらしいが、その人たちは企業に
常駐してPMをしているらしく、再来週の社内全体MTGで顔を合わ
せるらしい。
コンサル2人と木曜にランチにいった時に、なかなか濃い人材が
多くて動物園みたいだよ、と言っていた。
お客さんは社長と取締役の1人の経歴から、運輸・航空系が多い
らしいが、シドニーにも一人取締役がいてオフィスを構えている
ので、その辺からもメールや社内文書はすべて英語。オフィスでの
会話は日本語という感じ。
すでに金曜は朝オフィスの鍵を開け、帰りみなさんが出払っていた
ので閉めて帰って来た。 小さい会社あるある。
なんといっても、下の子の保育園(うちから徒歩10分)からチャリ
でドアツードア20分くらいで着くのがほんっとーに楽!
良い職場が見つかって、しばらくは変わらなくて良さげでほっと
一息の1週間でした。
社長から年賀状のデザインを頼まれたのだが、自分のもやらなきゃ。
そういや、今年はクリスマス、どっちの家も集まらないのかな〜
今年はチキン焼くのきついし、買って持ってこうかな〜
My new work started this week.
A small project management company run by ex aviation guys,
1 Japanese and 1 Kiwi (based in Sydney).
My job is an office manager hired to alleviate all non-project
management task from consultants including payroll and
expense report preparation before handing over to an
accountant for the actual calculation and settlement.
I am also asked to take over the hiring process from CEO.
This month, plus year end tax adjustment stuff for all staff.
Office management is fun (for me). I like doing little things
like ordering things to be used in the office, designing
company brochure or new year cards, updating website,
etc. I am not so much of a fan of payroll stuff but since
I am told I am only going to be responsible for double checking
the information before sending to an accountant, I can take on.
After one week, I feel this time a good fit.
I ride my bicycle to the workplace and it only takes 20 minutes!
Plus, the area is my most favorite place to work so its a big plus
there too (I have worked in this same area in the past twice.
There are many good restaurants though the price standard
is a bit higher than other areas in Tokyo.)
I am asked to design the company new year card for 2017.
I also need to do our family one.
I am going to look for design ideas for both now while Hiroto
is still asleep.
Have a nice weekend.

0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿