都心での育児、仕事、日々のこと、自分の感じたことを気ままにつづってます
Writing about parenthood, work, and life in central Tokyo.
2015年6月19日金曜日
フリーでやる、Freelance, being free
ここ最近は旦那がかける時以外はずっと無音生活だったが
今朝ひさびさにiPadのラジオアプリでジャズを選んだ。
そしたら、よさそうなのがいっぱい出て来て、
嬉しくなった。
これ↑は曲もよいが、それと同じくらい東京の町並みを
スケボーが疾走する映像がよい。
外人の友達が喜びそうな東京の映像。
曲がよかったのはこれ↓。
映像はイマイチ。
演奏が素晴らしい、映像はいらない気がする。
https://youtu.be/KFstP0C9sVk
つくづく、日本人ミュージシャンも星の数で、才能あふれる人が
たくさんいるんだなーと思う。
いつも日本は狭い狭いと思ってるけど、案外本当は広いのかもね。
ずーっとなんとなく気にかかっていたインターのその後。
ベンチャーは退職したが、翻訳だけ外注で手伝うことに結局
落ち着き、
時間が空いたので久々にインターのオーナーにメールしたら、
後任の人は結局5月の頭に辞めてしまったらしい。
やっぱりな、そんな気がしていた。
支払いやら保険の更新やら、諸々溜まりに溜まっている様子で
来週オーナーがカナダに夏休みで帰る前にどうにかしないと
らしいので、今週火曜と木曜急遽手伝いに行って来た。
目黒駅からバスで1本、遠いけどバスの時刻表に合わせての出勤が
OKな今はそんなに苦でもなくなったが、
久々に乗った8時台の電車はビックリする位激込みだった。
人口増えたよなー、マイタウン。
これで高層マンション3棟計画が実行されたら、ラッシュすごいん
だろうなー、
牧歌的な東急目黒線(旧目蒲線)の時代は過ぎ去れり、、、、(涙)
何ヶ月ぶりかにインターに足を踏み入れたら
"Hey, welcome back! We missed you!"
という北米人ならではのテンション、久しぶりで結構嬉しかった。
ひさびさのインターはなんとなく古巣という感じで、
来週からサマースクールということもあり、まったりして
結構居心地がよかった。
仕事は3つになった。
全部フリーランス。
フリーは安定しないよね、
出勤するのが確実だよね、
などといいながらも、結局フリーランスがすっかり
見に付いてしまい、
無駄な(私が無駄と感じている)縛りにコミットすることを
相容れない身体になってしまった。
アメリカ人て言われた仕事しかしないよねー、
とかいいながら、気づいたら自分も嫌なことはやらない、
自分流にワークスタイルをリセットする、
という有り様。
アメリカ人のこと言えませんね。
それでどうにかここまでやってきてしまったから、
今後もきっとそうなのでしょう。
路頭に迷わない限り。
Being free feels good.
I have been living with minimum music recently.
No reason to it, I like music and it used to be a big part of
my life, but as I get older, I often find it comfortable
without any artificial sound.
Then, time to time, I miss it and I turn on music.
I seem to be back in wanting music phase and so I turned
on internet radio, Jazz channel on my iPad synched with
Bluetooth speaker.
I found this great video of Tokyo with a guy skateboarding
through it with Jazz in the back ground (on top) and
another great jazz in terms of sound, but its video too
cheesy, I wish they did not choreograph it with a video.
Great music should be left as is, no artificial additive to it.
https://youtu.be/KFstP0C9sVk
I resigned from my wfh part time position from a small
IT company I have been helping out from last November.
I noticed CEO has her own pattern of killing her staff's
talent by putting too much work and pressure on her
staff all at once.
I kinda sensed it was coming to be my turn.
I avoided her taking it all up on me by resigning
from the position but with an option of staying in as a
freelance translator and she accepted, so I still have
my foot in the door but I feel much more relaxed and
better with no nonsense, unnecessary pressure.
On Tuesday and Thursday this week, I went back to an
international school I was helping out till this March
to help Rochelle (a Canadian owner) pay school bills
and renew school insurance etc. before she goes
back to Canada for the summer.
Everyone welcome me back with big hugs (a North
American style, we don't get that in Japanese work
environment) as I entered
and walked through school and it felt like an old home
to me, made me happy.
I say, doing freelance is unstable, steady income only
comes from being an employee, but I realize I am
too used to working freely on my own that
it is better off being me, free, freelancing, after all.
So, steady income is not on my table, but instead
I am back myself, being me, take no s-it from noone,
only do what I feel right for myself, happy.
Being free, on my own, feels good.
Cheers!
Have a nice weekend.
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿