2014年11月9日日曜日

オーブン、Gas Oven


うちの実家では物心ついたころから
ガスオーブンが活躍していて、
私は母のオーブン料理で育ったといっても過言ではないくらい
母のオーブン料理が好きなのだが、
それゆえ
この度自分の家を新築するにあたって絶対のこだわりだったのが
ガスオーブン。

普通のお肉もお魚もオーブンに入れるとすごく手の込んだような
味に仕上がるから便利。

昨日は雨降りで家にいたので息子も手伝いカップケーキを焼いた。
バターに砂糖を入れて泡立て器でまぜる息子をみて、
小さい頃母がお菓子を作るのを姉と手伝ったのを思い出した。

インターのオーナーに教えてもらった上にのせるあまーいアイシングも
作り、NY風にして、
カップケーキは思っていたより簡単で美味しくできた★
今まで興味なかったけどベーキング楽しいかもー

今週木曜日はインターでの私の後任の求人を出すべく浜松町にある
ハローワーク品川に朝から行った。
御成門は10年前くらいに勤めていた小さな制作会社が以前はあって、
毎日通っていたので、すごーく懐かしかった。
繁華街ではないので当時とあまり変わらないじみーな町並みで、
当時おつきあいしていた印刷屋さんや、よく買いに行った
お弁当やさんも健在だった。

先週金曜に決まった新しい在宅の仕事の会社からメールやチャット、
会議用スケジューラーなどなどの設定がメールで送られて来た。

すでに手伝っているアメリカ人の会社はGoogleアプリで
まとめているのでそこで完結しているから楽なのだが、
今回の会社は、

メールはこの会社のシステム、
チャットはこのアプリ、
スケジュールはGoogle、
会議は大人数は社内アプリ、
共有ファイルはここ、

と全部バラバラのシステム(ソフト?アプリ?)なので、
ちょっと面食らったが、慣れ、かなと思う。

つくづく、IT化が進む世の中、
働く環境から少し離れてしまうと、このIT化に付いて行けず
きつかったかなーと思い、
細々とでも仕事をつないで来ている意味が少しはあるかな、
と思った。

My mom is a great oven-cooker and
I grew up on her oven made dishes which I still love
dearly and this is why an oven was a "must to have" item
in our new home.

Gas oven makes just an ordinary piece of meat or fish
a great meal and so easy. You prepare, pop it in, and done.

Yesterday was a rainy day from the start and
I decided to bake cup cake with Koki.

Mixing butter with sugar, sifting flour and baking powder
reminded me of doing the same with my mom back in
my child days.
There is something about baking that is very endearing,
not quite same as cooking.

On Thursday,
I went to post my replacement at international school at
Hello Work, a governmental employment service center.
A man who took my post said,
"Usually it takes 4 days to register the post on our database
and then to the web,
we apologize for taking so long, we are doing our best
to speed up the process".

You apologize for 4 days?!!!
I was surprised. Does everybody else expect within a same day?!

At public services like Hello Work or a city hall, I realize
the level or quality of service we are able to receive in Japan.
This is one of the things I admire about this country.
The level of dedication or loyalty people have for their own
work and the level of quality they maintain, even at 
public services.
I can't but remember my sour experience at a social
security office, DMV, or immigration office in California.
Many spend half or even all day at immigration office in LA.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー