都心での育児、仕事、日々のこと、自分の感じたことを気ままにつづってます
Writing about parenthood, work, and life in central Tokyo.
2019年10月25日金曜日
雨つづき, rain after rain
10月は晴天が多いから運動会も遠足も多い月のはずなのに、雨ばかり。
今日は朝からずーーーーーっと雨。
今は大雨。
今の会社に移る際に、
「翻訳は必要に迫られない限りやりません」
と宣言をして仕事を受けた。
前職で翻訳は燃え尽きたのと、もう「やりたくない」ってなったから。でも何だかんだ仕事始めたら振られるのかな、と思ってたけど本当にほとんど来ない。というのも、他に有能な人がたくさんいるから、私までたどり着かない。通訳もしかり。
「英語屋」の看板を掲げてこれまでやってきたけど、ここにきてその看板下げた、素直に。英ペラなんて当たり前、プラスのスキルを求められる今の職場では私はあくまでベースラインなのです。
劣等感抱きそうなくらい若い子含めみんな有能でバイリンガルなのだけど、ここに来てすんなり受け止められた、現実を。これが「置かれた場所で咲きなさい」の言わんとすることかー、とあの本も読んだことないのに合点して、まずは社長に求められている総務・経理・その他アドホックのアシスト業務をこなしていこう、
と決意も新たにした先週。
何か新しいことに挑戦したいという気持ちもあって今の職場に移ったのだけど、ブランディングのコアは未経験の私には一旦を担うのも無理で、まずはそのほんの一部の調整役を仰せつかったのだけど、そこはやはりそれぞれのPMが引き続きメインでやったほうがスムーズだという話に現場でなり、私はもとの総務メインになった。
でも、結構初期段階で興味を持って、かつPMの子の一人に、
「向いてますよ、やってみたらどうですか」
と言われていた別の仕事に一度自分で蓋をしたのだけど、その蓋を開けてみることにした、今朝。
「無理」かどうかはやってみてから判断しようかな、と。
与えられた仕事をまずはきちんと、ミスせずこなして回せるようになろうと思います!
で、その上で関連書籍読んだり、現場に参加させてもらったりしながら、知識を蓄えて、すべてのタイミングがあった時に社長に相談してみようと思う。
うーん、なんか、スッキリ&ウキウキ。
目標を掘り起こす作業は苦しくて長いトンネルだけど、抜けたときの清々しさは格別。
数カ月のモヤモヤなんてこの雨と雲の向こう。
いくつになっても自己分析・掘り下げは大事ですね。
よい週末を。
Past several months, or maybe several years? I don't know since when but I have been in a long hazy tunnel.
I met with a psychic (don't ask me any details...) and was told that this hazy phase will end soon in December! soon! very soon!
Just as I heard him tell me that, something I gave up a thought on popped up positive and because I had no more expectations set on it, I could handle it very naturally which made me feel good, which led to one favorable outcome after another.
When I left my previous work, I told myself 'no more translation' because I burnt out on it just like I did with design more than a decade ago.
And when I accepted my job offer at my current work place, I told my bosses (2 partners) that I won't do translation unless it is absolutely necessary, which turned out that everyone in the work place is fully bilingual and more than capable of translating Japanese to English or vice versa, the work never really reaches me (laugh).
I was hired to take all admin related tasks from my bosses and staff so that they call all focus on what they do best, branding and semiotics. My boss has been waiting for me to settle in and to hand over all admin plus partial finance stuff which he did last week (time finally has come for him:)
First, I want to get all the admin tasks in place to get them done properly + regularly. Then, I want to try out something totally new.
I found what I want to do next, away from translation, interpretation, or design, but sort of combines a bit of essence of all of them.
I am very excited I found this and ready to start studying it first, on Kindle and when I get a chance I want to experience it done by other professionals to see and learn, then when opportunities arise I will consult with my boss to see if I can seek the position in the current workplace.
Oh, it feels sooooo good to know what I want to do!
Have a great weekend!
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿