| Margaret Howell Cafe, a fab |
ちょっと前には前職についてそんなこと記してたか スパン短すぎっ!
気になってた見積もりの件、やっと昨日テレカン終わり・出張準備に追われる社長の後ろを追いかけ進捗を聞いたら、お客さんからの返事待ちとのこと。
当該案件は、私と今年6月にアメリカの大学を卒業したばかりのリサーチャーの子がアサインされているのだが、経験者が誰もプロジェクトをリードできないということで、もしお客さんからgoが出た暁には高いけどフリーランスのPMに任せるとのこと。
多少高くても、私と新米リサーチャーの子の勉強代に投資する意味で、と言っていた。
ありがたい!!!
投資してくれるなんて、勉強させてくれるなんて。
これって、若いころなら、ふーん、くらいにしか思わなかったかもしれないけど、今のステージだとありがたさが身に染みる。
これまで数々の中小ビジネス(スタートアップ含む)を手伝ってきて、ビジネスて回収できるか不確定な段階から投資を強いられること多いし、かつその投資に踏み切れるか・正しい勇気なのか、で明暗がわかれる、というのを肌で感じてきたから。
大学出たばかり・未経験とか関係なく、自由に思ったことを戦略会議で発言できるところ、でもちゃんとベースがないことは認識してそこを補強しようとする姿勢、が今の会社に入ってよかったなと思うところ。
ここが前職の上の方たちと大きく違うところかな。
前のベンチャーもそれこそ創業メンバーは日本屈指の大企業出身のそうそうたるメンバーだったけれど、だからこその悪しき日本の古い体質みたいなものを引きずってベンチャー経営をしている感が否めなかった。
社員数が50を超えると大企業病というが、そのせいもあったのか。
一番の違いは、
自分のビジネスを自分が回していくんだ
これが自分の主戦場だ
という気迫があるかないかというところかな。
今の会社は仕事にも真剣、社員にも真剣、が感じられる。
木曜、1カ月ぶりに前職の仲良しメンバーとランチ。
いつにも増して忙しいのだろうけど、それが常態化してそれが平常運転モードな人と、疲労モードの人といて、でも総体してキラキラ感がなくなっていたのが気になった。
前はもっとランチで話すと笑顔が出たような気がして。
でも、私は所詮辞めた人、てのもあるのかな、とか思ったり…
特に男の人は女の人と違って、これまでの刷り込みで愚痴を外に出さない癖のある人が多いから、雰囲気が前と変わったなと感じた同僚がちょっと気になった。
とはいえ、彼も大人なのだし、自分でいろいろ考え動いていくのだろうけど。
今年後半の私のテーマは境界線関係なく、みんなで上がる。
自分とは考え方が違う、からといって、それを切り落とすのではなく、でも全部受け入れるのではなく、そこに、その人の考えがただある、という状態。
そして、こうしたら、ああしたら、なんでしないの・できないの、ではなく、人それぞれのステージやポリシーをそっとして見届ける。
人は変えられなくても、自分の態度や接し方、あり方で雰囲気は変えられるから。
変える、というより、ただ自分が自分である、ということ、それだけかな。
他人機軸ではなく、あくまで自分機軸。
まずは自分がハッピーになる。
良い週末を!
I finally got hold of one of the CEOs that asked me to get a price quote for his client/ potential project coming in from oversea.
I was becoming anxious about it as he did not give me any feedback, but turns out he is waiting for the client to come back on pricing.
If the client is okay with our expensive outsource PM pricing, then he is ready to invest our slim margin to have me and another new stuff, a new graduate, learn the whole process of a branding project.
This is so great.
I am very grateful for my bosses to make such investment for me.
Having seen many startups and small businesses succeed/struggle, I understand well how the capital and investment is very crucial to the business.
I had lunch with my ex-coworkers on Thursday.
It was so nice to see them and chat with them after one month (it felt longer than 1 month for some reason). Because I became close with many of them, it felt heart-warming to just spend time with them, relieved much of my pressure I was under.
Though, it was a bit disturbing to see them being too busy and that many of them are getting used to such work conditions (which many Japanese companies easily fall toward, esp startups).
As much as it was nice to see them, I became worried that they anyhow changed a bit and lost 'luminosity' and smiles from their faces...
At the end of the lunch time, they lightened up a bit which made me feel relieved a bit but hopefully we can chat time to time so that they have some new air to breathe. It is always nice to have stimulation from outside which can pull you back to reality esp when you are focused in one same situation or condition.
I don't need to try to change people's mind set or their way of working or living.
I will just be me and do whatever I think best for myself. Meet whoever I want to see whenever schedule meets and spend quality time together.
I am starting to see how the universe works (I think).
There are no bad or good experiences or encounters. They are just what they are. You just take them as they are.
Same goes for people.
I don't have to judge others, don't have to change how others think. They are right on their own terms and let them be themselves, while i be myself.
No interference.
We are all what we are on each of our own terms and that is it.
I want to be happy so I will be happy and hoping everyone will be happy with me too:)
have a great weekend.
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿