2019年7月10日水曜日

夏休み間近、summer is nearing

A boy in the box
気づけば夏目前!
今年の夏はどう乗り切るのか!

と思い始めていたところ、ちょうど駅の向こうにある塾から夏期講習の案内があったので、それと、通ってる英会話学校のサマースクール(2日間だけ)に申し込むことに。

この2つに学校の補修と水泳教室、お盆休みを換算しても2週間半ノープランの期間がでる。
うーむ、どうしたものか…
いくら10歳といっても終日鍵っ子はちょっと心配なので、在宅ワークで埋め、1日だけ会社に行くスタイルにするのか。。。
なんかなぁ、この就労・子育て環境てうちの息子たちが子供を持つ頃には解消されているといいなと切に願う。

会社が忙しそう!

社長2人が複数プロジェクトかけもちで毎日駆けずり回っている&リサーチャーの人たちも調べものやブレストに忙しい状況。
そんな中、未経験の私に振られたアレンジ仕事。業界が初めて、プロジェクトの概要がお客さんからの専門用語盛沢山の英語全文、社長が忙しくて説明がざっくり…
不安しかない中、暗中模索でベンダーさんにメールで見積もり依頼。
不安すぎて電話でフォローアップ。案の定、これはどうゆうことですか?の嵐で(汗)
もう、正直に、

この業界初めてなので教えてください!

と平身低頭状態で教えてもらいながら詰めていった。

ブランディングなんてすごい面白そう!かかわってみたい!なんて軽いノリでjoinしたものの、ここ数週間で、

わくわく < びくびく

になってきていて、でも、新卒の頃ってこうだったよなぁと45歳にして初心に戻りつつあるのは、ある意味貴重な経験なのかもしれない。

ついついこれまでの経験値にあぐらをかきそうになる。
その意味でも、この歳でゼロから学ばせてくれる今の会社は奇特だし、感謝しなきゃだよな。びくびく・ドキドキも与えられたチャンスと捉え、と同時に自分を追い込みすぎないこと(これ、私の悪い癖)を意識しながら進んでいきたいなと思ってる。

今度こそギブアップしたくないな。
たとえ、どっかのポイントで社長の一人と喧嘩になったとしても、そこを乗り越えて今の会社でやっていきたいなと、前職を踏まえて思う。

前職はとても日本的なベンチャーで、すごく人間関係が密で、それがストレス源の1つでもあった。
比べ、グローバル環境(ヨーロッパ的)の現職は、真逆な個人主義。世間話もサラッと。前職にあったようなねっとりした空気はゼロ。

この落差のせいだか、少し前職が懐かしくもあったりする。
そのせいか、明日も前職で仲良かった人たちとランチ。

仕事の内容も、
前職で一度翻訳に区切りをつけて、現職の総務&アレンジ業務(一部翻訳もあるけど、もっと人の間に入る仕事)へと移行したのだけど、
昨日プレゼン資料翻訳をお願いするための翻訳会社の社長さんがみえて、社長とMTGしているうちに、頭の中が翻訳モードでいっぱいになってしまい、
見積もりのトラウマも手伝ってか、

翻訳私がやってもいいのになぁ

となってしまい…

で、今朝社長にLINEで、

思ったんだけど、お客さんにお見せする正式書類以外は私が翻訳しようか?

と打診してしまった。

私、楽な方に傾いてるのかなぁ…

これまでのキャリアもこの繰り返しだしね。
翻訳以外の仕事→翻訳→飽きてそれ以外の仕事→翻訳一本!

でも、自分がその時したいことをしたい!と宣言してやらせてもらえるのなら、その時はその仕事に集中すればよいのかな。。。

もう定年も見えてきた歳だというのに、私はまだこんなこと言っているという…

でも、今は得意(たぶん)の翻訳したいなーw

Koki is soon to start his summer vacation soon, in 2 weeks. 
His school has a short summer school lasting only a few hours a day, for 4-5 days which only fill up half a day, 1 week out of his long one month vacation.
I looked and found a summer study program at a cram school on the other side of our town from Aug 1 to 4, 10-12, signed up for the program.
Jul 29 and 30, he will attend an English summer program (only 2 days), 2pm to 6pm.
This still laves me 2.5 weeks excluding our summer break to fill up.

My bosses will probably allow me to work from home 80% and come in with my son in the rest. We will have to see.

I got fed up with J to E translation work at my previous work place and with my current work, I was hired to look after the office environment + take over all vendor communication and arrangement of what's called "focus groups", a method of marketing research. It was agreed that I only do translation where absolutely necessary, but being new to everything I see or hear in this branding world, I am becoming overwhelmed and intimidated with all the things I don' know...
And I am starting to want to run back and hide behind the good old 'translator' wall which I have been building little by little over the years.

Translation is like a good old ex-boy friend whom you have been keeping in touch with since you don't know when... (I don't have such friend in reality, but just an expression here).
You would contact him only when you feel weak or insecure, to be patted on your back and be told 'you will be fine. you are great'.

I always thought this is bad, I should either be a translator or something else, but you know what, I should be honest to what I want to do and be fine with it.

If I express the interest in doing translation and being given an opportunity to do so, I should take it, but at the same time, I should not give up on trying to get the new stuff right by learning even if slowly.

Opening a new door is always exciting.
I should be appreciative of the fact that my bosses have given me a chance to try and build from zero-ground, but at the same time, I should also be proud of the skill set I have acquired over the years and if this gets a spot light, I should let it play its own role too.

A farewell from my previous work place surprisingly took a toll on me.
I realize I miss a lot of my ex co-workers I used to see almost everyday and shared so much stories with.
And this experience, although I had so much stress from that work place, made me realize I do not want to say goodbye any more.
I want to continue building relationship and experiences with my current bosses and co-workers to see the beyond and more.

This, definitely, is a new perspective for me.
Sustainability, in all means.

Cheers.   

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー