2018年4月27日金曜日

安定 > 刺激 , stability > stimulation

Blue Bottle Coffee Nakameguro
昨日今日と撮影の立ち会い。
昨日は中目黒、今朝は銀座。
時に広報、時にPRの方と雑談しながら、小一時間程度の動画撮影に立ち会うわけだが、私は営業や広報の仕事はこなせるけど、向いてはいないな、と思う。

カリフォルニア生活で培った世間話の引き出しをフルに活用し、適当に会話を拡げたり、人当たり良くしたりできるから、営業向いてそう、などとよく言われるのだが、
私的には心身削ってやってる感じで、とにかく疲れる…
企画書作るとこまでは好きなんだけどね。
ホリエモンじゃないが、この時代にメールじゃなくて電話じゃないと連絡取れない人はいっそ連絡自体放棄したくなる。が、カメラマンも週3本動画を撮るというノルマを自分に課してるので、渋々電話を端からかける、

そんなことやり続け10カ月。

家で出来るし!ということで、だましだまし、何度も自分を叱咤激励しやってきたが、打診していた学生バイト君がとうとう稼働が増やせるようになったらしいので、
撮影交渉の仕事は彼にお願いすることにした。

ありがとうっ!!!感謝、心の底から。

火曜に行った2次面接は社長だけとの面接で、諸々話をしてクリア。
GW明けの金曜から勤務スタート予定。

在宅翻訳関連の仕事も決まり、昨夜GW明け納品の依頼が来て今日午後Skypeで打合せしスタート。

今度こそ、これで仕事が定着し、収入もライフスタイルも落ち着いてくれたら御の字。
て、私の人生が落ち着くことはない気もするが 汗

GWスタート!海にいきたいな。ひさしぶりに。

I attended filming this morning and yesterday.
I rode my bicycle to yesterday morning's shoot place and found a Blue Bottle Coffee on my way. Since I left early and had more than half an hour left to the start time, I parked my bicycle outside the cafe, decided to have a cup of coffee.
Surprisingly enough, a cup of coffee costed me 5.5 USD (600JPY) which did not taste any different from coffee I make at home...
I honestly felt like I was paying their expensive rent in Nakameguro, which is one of the popular places in Tokyo (both for business and living).

This morning was in Ginza, in a fashion building rather new one.
We had to get a pass to get in the building from the back door with their PR person.

As much as it is sometimes exciting, I am starting to tire myself out of this job and luckily, a college student who started help out from January now has more time, so I am delegating all these video filming related tasks to him (calling places, asking permission, making and sending proposals, following up, etc.).

I am still involved with their admin stuff and existing client who is already on board with us, but hopefully even that I hope to delegate in near future to someone else.

I maybe getting old but I need stability and peace of mind at work.
Something that that does not bother me or stress me out doing, something I excel at.

And luckily, I found something close from my house, a 30 min walk, a PA work, part time too so I can still leave some time for my favorite job- translation.
I also need to continue looking after my current home based work ( I can't just throw them away...) but hopefully, I will be able to find a peace of mind more in my work life.

We are starting an extended weekend, Golden Week tomorrow.
1st and 2nd are weekday, but rest a holiday.
We hope to hit beach!

Have a great weekend.



0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー