![]() |
| nemo |
先週は、
週明けからソーシャルメディア会社の在宅仕事が思いがけず突然スタート。
もとはイギリスらしいのだけど、私に指示をくれるのは東京在住のインド系アメリカ人。
日本国内のおもしろ動画(外国人にとって)を独自のプラットフォームで撮影し、Facebookで流すという事業内容。私の仕事は、というと、スポンサード動画を作ってくれる(というかお金を出してくれる)会社を募る営業メールを日本語で送る、電話で必要ならフォローする作業。
営業なんてやったことないから、先週ふいに問い合わせメールを送っていた地方テレビ局の担当者の方から電話連絡が来た時はドキドキしてしまった。
でも、人間40ん年も生きてると度胸もついて、どうにかなるものですね~
しかし、 どうやって稼いでるのか不思議~と思ったが、バイラルメディアとかスポンサード動画とかコラボ動画とか、今回手伝って初めてちゃんと知った!ソーシャルメディア、奥が深い。なかなか興味深い媒体だ。
ハワイから戻って2週間目。
仕事は開店休業状態なので、頭はまだまだ半分アロハモード。
今朝もお弁当が面倒で上の子は学校の補修(水泳)だけ行かせて学童はお休みにしてしまった。小学校2年生にもなると手もかからず、一緒に帰ってきた同じクラスの子とお昼を食べ、仕事をする私の向こう側で二人でごそごそ遊び、今はyoutube観てる。
![]() |
| IHOP |
ハワイ島から来てるという1歳6ヶ月の男の子とお父さん(おそらくアメリカ人)と一緒になって、しばらくボールで遊んだりしながら話したが、
お父さんは昔福岡に1週間くらい滞在したことがあって、なんとかっていうオーガニックムーブメントみたいなので有機栽培の農業の施設だかの建設に携わったと行っていた。
今はハワイ島で敷地内に滝があるような所にすんでるらしかった。
東京からは想像できない...
すごい世界観の違いだろうなあ。
![]() |
| last waikiki beach! |
お昼にはカパフル通り(動物園がある通り)にあるテディーズで2回目のハンバーガーとガーリック&バターフライを買ってカピオラニ公園で食べ、夕方一度コンドミニアムに戻り残りの買い物に出かけた。
旦那は10年以上薄汚れたカリフォルニア時代からの年季の入った海パンを履いているのだが、今回やっと新調。ボーイズも同じお店の奥にあったので流れで上の子の海パンと帽子も購入。
自分たちの買い物はこれくらい。私の買い物はなし!
これってすごいことじゃないかと自負。誘惑に負けなかった!というか、最近すっかり物欲が鳴りを潜めたので、結構目の保養~というテンションでスルーできた。
でも、とにかく食べたい物は食べた、ビーフステーキ!ステーキはアメリカがやはり美味しいしコスパがグッド♪息子はハンバーガーが気に入ったようで、毎日のよう(!)に食べていた。
帰国して写真を見ていたら、旦那も私も6年前ハワイに行った時とほとんど服が変わってない(笑)人間変われば変わるもんですよ、あんなに浪費家だったのに、今となれば服買うタイミングは「必要」に迫られた時と2~3年に1回くらい「定番」が着古された時。
子供もいるし、住宅ローンもありますからね~当然です!(車のローンはないです)
行けるうちに、友達のいるイタリア国境近いフランスの町も、カリフォルニアの懐かしい町も、そしてハワイも行きたいから、東京の情報過多・物質過多のカルチャーに流されず、しっかりミニマル生活を続行したいと思います!
年取って「やっておけばよかった」と思うことの第1位は海外旅行だそう。
一所懸命仕事して、次は2年後くらいにフランスに行きたいな~
でもハワイの倍だろうな、旅費、、、
Hawai'i days are long gone now.... missing that aloha atmosphere.
Back to humid, hot hot Tokyo city. We are surviving, especially Toru who commutes to work in a long sleeved shirt, long pants (a suit without jacket and tie) and long socks everyday!! He literally snatches his clothes off as soon as he comes home (he is mannered enough to put his worn clothes in a laundry bin) and immediately changes into a short pants and a T-shirt.
I feel so sorry for all these business men in Tokyo who are having to wear suits everyday under this crazy hot weather. Why can't they wear aloha shirt and short pants?
My stay home work suddenly started with a UK based start up social media company who creates short videos which are shared through Facebook. Their videos are mostly about Asia targeted for audiences outside Japan (and non Japanese viewers who reside in Japan).
My task last week was to email or call up a list of potential sponsors who would pay for their featured videos and possibly give them a follow up calls. Out of 10 contacts, only one got back to me with whom I spoke to, a local broadcasting company up in north Japan. He was kind to discuss possibilities but at this point, at the end, they did not have budget for such service.
I never imagined I'd do a sales talk which I never done in the past, strange but in a way interesting.
I am supposed to have a Skype call with a woman running a bilingual education business here in Tokyo this week for another possibly remote work, but so far she has not responded about call schedule so I am waiting to see.
If this opportunity does not come through, I may consider applying for an interpreter position at a small French origin fashion school in Tokyo I found through another online job database. Their wage is surprisingly low, but their location is perfect (15 min bike ride) and their schedule fits my schedule perfectly (3 days a week, 9-13) to balance off with other remote works and translation projects in case they every come in again in near future.
I am seriously looking into managing a work around remote style as much as possible, as I am starting to see that I just work out better freelancing.
Back to travel plan, I hope to visit Charlotte and Alex (and their 2 kids) in France, California to reminisce places we used to go and know, and of course again to Hawai'i to relax, so start saving today!!
Aloha.
| Condo in Hawai'i |



0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿