2017年7月25日火曜日

Back to Tokyo

Honolulu Airport
帰りのフライトは行きより慣れたせいか、案外スムーズに戻って来た。
着いた当日(先週土曜)は案外気温も低く、よくある空港出たら
ムアーっというのを経験しなかったが、
自宅についてドアを開けたら、密閉して行ったはずのゴミの臭いが
ムアー...

旦那は日曜だけ休んで昨日から仕事に。
上の子は昨日は学校の補修と水泳だけ行き、今日から学童に復帰、
下の子は今日から保育園復帰。

私は、というと、土曜午後に「Welcome Home」とだけジャックから
LINEが届いたが、仕事の連絡は特になく、今朝こちらからキャッチアップ
する?とメールしたが返事なし。こりゃ、多分、プロジェクト進捗いっさい
なしOR忙殺されてるか、どちらか、だな。
日曜夜にとあるアメリカのクラシファイドサイト(求人やら売却やらの掲示板)
 の東京版で見つけた在宅求人に応募したら即連絡が来て、
今朝からちょろちょろお仕事開始。
今後どの程度仕事が増えるかは未知数だけど、ひとまず在宅でできるし
様子見。
午後、在宅仕事をしていたら、ピンッとたまに翻訳仕事を回してくれる
近くの出版会社の営業の人から連絡で入り、お仕事受注、A4が2枚程度だけど。

あとはクラウドワークスでもプロジェクトベースの翻訳仕事でも探してみる
かな。

夏は暑いし、ひとまず在宅仕事を見つけ、ローカルにやろうかなと模索中。

So we are back in Tokyo.
We landed last Saturday.
I was getting myself ready for a humid hot weather in Tokyo
as soon as we got out of airport, but surprisingly it was not that
bad. Instead, we were hit by a bad odor coming out of our
storage area on the 1st floor as we entered our house which has
been vacant for last 8-9 days.
Missing the rubbish day, I packed the garbage with 3 bags pretty
tight before we left but the odor still got out.
I did not want to make myself an enemy of the nature and recycle
movement but could not resist to put the rubbish in another layer
of plastic bag... sorry earth.

After coming back from Hawaii, I realize how Japan is behind in
recycling especially around plastics. Around Waikiki, many
shops asked if we needed a bag or provided paper bags instead
of plastic bags (except ABC Mart owned by Japanese...).
Japan is notorious for over packaging goods, which often seem
very beautiful and well mannered but at the same time they are
very very eco unfriendly.

I am hoping coming Olympics (Tokyo) will improve such status.

Everyone is finally getting over jet lag.
Toru went back to work yesterday 9-6, Koki came home after his
summer classes, Hiroto stayed home with me.
Today, everyone went back in a full mode.

I, myself, sitting here at a dining table updating my blog now,
but was working till 30 mins ago.
Jack's job seems slow as he went silent after texting me
"Welcome home" on Sunday.
I found a few job posts online (I have been using this classified site
every since we were in California, they have Tokyo site now) and
one of them gotten back to me to jump start from today.

Another translation project flew in this afternoon from a small, local
publishing company who sometimes give me translation projects,
I have been in touch on and off after Koki was born.

Since summer is soooo hot and humid here in japan, I am planning
to save myself from cruel commute at least during the summer
with some stay home jobs.


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー