2016年3月21日月曜日

卒園、graduation

園友、with his kinder buddies
先週金曜日は上の子の卒園式だった。
春だ、めでたい、気分も軽いぞ、
と紺のジャケット、白のパンツに明るめの色の
スカーフでいったら
周りはみんな黒の上下で驚いた。
旦那に聞いたら、冠婚葬祭は基本黒だからじゃん、
と言われ、
ここに又私の非常識を露呈。。。
ま、いーや、私の非常識は今に始まったことじゃないし
(開き直り)。

息子が通った幼稚園は預かりある、園バスある、
親はほとんど関わらない、の良い3拍子が揃っていたので
下の子も3年後入れちゃおー、と思っていたら
園長が変わるにあたりごそっと先生が退職。
息子の友達のお母さんの話によると、新しい園長の
方針でがらっといろいろ変わるらしく
それに賛同しない職員が辞めるとか。

ま、企業と同じ、トップが変わると経営方針とか変わって
人が動くのは世の常だが、預ける側としては、
3年後預ける時に上の3拍子が揃っているとは限らないので
改めて説明会とか聞きにいかないとなー、と
ちょっと残念。

金曜夜は息子の希望でシズラーに行ってお祝い。
デザートのアップルコブラー&バニラアイスまでしっかり
食べて超満腹。

土曜は雨の中、一番近い児童館に学童補助的なプログラムの
説明を聞きに行った。
週2英語学童で6時半まで、それ以外は基本は息子の学校の
スケジュール内に帰って来ようと思っているが、
一番遅帰りでもおそらく1年生は3時くらいだから、
場合によっては児童館に登録しておいて、
私の帰りまでそこで図工したり、友達と遊んだりして時間を
潰してもらおうかと思ったが、
職員の人に聞いたら、息子が4月から通う小学校は
校庭で居残り遊びする子、学校が運営している放課後プログラム
に参加する子が多いため、児童館の登録利用は一人もいない
という話だったので、
もしかしたらGW明けからはうちもそれでどうにかなるかも。
息子も同じ学校の友達と遊びたいだろうから、 4月様子見だなー。

インターが引越しなのだが、新しい物件の広さが今の半分しか
なく、新しい生徒の受け入れが望めないため
別の物件を申し込みしたのだが、ビルオーナーの気が変わり
貸してもらえないことになったとかで、
その上にインターのオーナーが倒れて急遽手術になり、
先々週末あたりからバタバタしだし、
最終的に私の4月からのスケジュールが週1〜2に
減るという困った事態に。

せっかく苦労して時間を工面したのだから
無駄に過ごしてももったいないので、得意のジョブサーチで
来週水曜に1件面接を入れた。
家から自転車で20分くらいだし、バスでも一本のところ
だからスケジュール的にはよいのだけど、
条件面が悪すぎるのでそこの交渉次第。

4月前半で2、3個面接いれてGW明けからスタートって
イメージかな。

やれやれ、私は本当に仕事が定着しないなー
そのたんびに新しい仕事がすぐ見つかり切れ目がないのは
ありがたいが、そろそろ年齢的にも長期視野で落ち着いて
働くとこ見つけたいなー

Friday was Koki's graduation.
He said goodbye to teachers and friends he spent time
with past 3 years at a kindergarten school.
It was sad for him to say goodbye to his good friends
but at the same time, it is exciting to look forward to
his new life soon to start at elementary school.

I chose my wardrobe in a spring color for Koki's
graduation ceremony only to find
other parents dressed in black.
I turned to Toru and asked why and he said in Japan
it is customary to wear black at formal events
(surprisingly, people wear black for not only funerals
but also for wedding!).

For some reason, I am lost in this Japanese tradition,
customs stuff and I often find myself looking little
odd (or out of place) but I got used to being
different and don't really care any more if I don't
fit in. I will just be me, someone who spent
too long living out of Japan (or something).

I am on my job search journey again.
The international school I work for is moving to a
new, smaller location due to current building
demolition and although we had another location
in place to accommodate new families from May,
suddenly the building owner turned down our
application and so the business has no space
to grow. This made my work shift down to only
once or twice at most a week.

All these hard work to get a spot in a nursery
school and after school program...

I have an interview scheduled on this Wednesday.
I plan to line up 2 or 3 more interviews by mid April
and hopefully land another job starting from May.

I am pretty good at writing up a resume (yes, after
all these interviews I know the pitch) and leading
an effective interview so I am pretty confident
I will soon find another job,
but turning 42 next month, I am starting to feel
it is about time I found a long term employemnt
(which I intend to do every time I am on a job
search journey).

Oh spring is indeed a season of new start and change...

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー