2015年12月25日金曜日

Happy Holidays!


まったく実感がないままクリスマスに!

昨日は起きるのが遅く、グズグズ家でしているうちに
お腹が減ってしまい午後も回ってしまったので
買い物の前に駅前のたまにいくベーカリ&カフェで
朝昼食を済ませた。
ひっさびさに外のカフェラテを飲んだけど美味〜
下の息子はカフェデビューだったけど、大人しく
していた。
ここのカフェは前からたまに行くので店員さんも
なんとなく顔見知りで、赤ちゃん連れでも行きやすい。
パンは結構値が張るが美味しいし、お店の雰囲気も
落ち着いてグッド。

駅向こうの大きいアーケード商店街はクリスマス
というより師走の雰囲気で溢れていたけど、
やはり歩く人はなんとなくクリスマスとあってか
嬉しそうな感じだった。

夜は手軽にオーブンでイベリコ豚のスペアリブ、
根菜と玉ねぎのローストを作り、スペアリブは
少し焦げた。。。あとサラダ。
でクリスマスディナー。
今年はローストチキンは一度も焼かなかった。
地元らしからぬオシャレでヨーロピアンでそれは
それは美味しいケーキ屋さんで午後の散歩がてら
ケーキを3種類買っておいたので、
旦那、息子とシェアして全種類少しずつ食べた。

冬休みですっかり宵っ張りになった息子も
昨日とばかりは寝なきゃ寝なきゃと騒ぎ、
結局遅くなってしまい就寝。
でも、ちゃんとサンタは来てくれて、お願いして
いたドラゴンボールのカードと収納ファイルのセット
をプレゼントしてくれた。

下の息子にはまだサンタは来なかったけど、
うちの両親からビブのプレゼント、母のお友達から
積み木、私の姉と上の息子の友達からはお祝いをもらった。

火曜日には仕事を手伝っているアメリカ人の方の社長の
家で社長、顧問をお願いしている日本人男性、
今年春から社長の右腕として入った日本人男性とクリスマス
茶会?と忘年会を兼ねて集まった。
花房山(五反田と目黒の間)の高台にあるマンションの
最上階の南向きのお部屋に大きなクリスマスツリーが
飾ってあって、独身なのにツリーとはさすがアメリカ人
だなーと思った。
そこでも上の息子はプレゼントをもらって、みんなに
大きくなったねー、賢くなったねー、とちやほやされ
嬉しそうにしていた。

今年もあと1週間きったかー。
来年はどんな年になるかな。
春から下の子が認可保育園に入れれば仕事復帰の予定
だけど、保育園は入れるのかなー。
上の子の時は認可保育園玉砕し
認可外→認証→幼稚園
の道を辿り来春には小学校だけど、
下の子は0歳保育だから入れるのかな、と甘い期待を
持っているが、区の保育課の人は9名枠に24名とか
いってたからな。

大掃除しなきゃ。

This year everything is moving so fast and I did
not realize it was already Christmas.
We did all the shopping the day before and
Koki, Hiroto and I went to buy cakes yesterday
afternoon.
I didn't do a roasted chicken this year but instead
cooked spare ribs in an oven with root veges.
I whipped up a simple salad and we had a Christmas
dinner.

Yesterday afternoon, Hiroto made a debut to a cafe
Koki and I sometimes go for late weekend breakfast
(while Toru is still sleeping) or late lunch or early snack
on weekdays. This cafe is a bakery cafe who bakes
real good bread (though bit over priced) and serves
good latte in their cafe area.
I had their latte for the first time in past several months,
and it was sooo good to taste a latte made professionally.

Koki was anxious to hit bed as soon as possible last
night so that Santa won't skip his house. This morning
he woke up earlier than usual to find a gift he wished
for, Dragon Ball game cards and a folder to file them.

Koki also got more gifts on Tuesday as we went to see
Jack, an American business owner I have been helping
his business past 4-5 years. There were also an advisor
guy and a new guy who started assisting Jack from
this spring. Jack's house was decorated all Christmas
with a big Christmas tree and it was very American.

There are only 6 more days left to 2015.
Next spring Koki will be 7 and will enter elementary
school, Hiroto will enter a nursery school if he
is accepted, and I will go back to work.
Hiroto will be 5 months old by next April
which makes me think it is a bit too early to start
day care, but from my experience with
Koki, if we miss the age 0 entry, we may never
get a spot, so we applied for it. We can always turn
down the offer if we feel we are not ready.

With a new house in central Tokyo and now 2 children
to raise, plus both of us hitting 40s, it is not an option
for me to be a stay home mom and at some point
I will need to head back to work and start earning money.
This is the reality and I am glad I enjoy working as much
as doing motherhood.
If I were to work anyway, I would rather not do it out of
just necessity but find meaning and leisure out of it.

Oh we need to start doing a year end cleaning,,,, a big
event for all Japanese.

Happy Holidays!

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー