2015年4月8日水曜日

桜咲き、散る、cherry blossom



今年も気づいたら桜が満開、と
思ったら今年もあっという間に散った。
今年の春は雨ばっかりでゲンナリ。
春が満喫できない。

気づいたら息子の春休みもあと数日。
制服や上履きのクラス名を変えなきゃ。

先週社長がアメリカ出張から戻って、
西海岸で投資家との交渉が好転し、
今後はアメリカ市場に注力するので、
それに伴ってまた組織変更する、
と連絡が来ていた。
組織変更は私が入ってから3度目。
今回はあくまで事業展開の関係だが、
過去2回は退職者の影響で余儀なくされた異動。

本当に離職・異動が多い。
先月も3人辞めた。

一体何が問題なのだろうか、と人事もお手伝いして
いる私は結構考えている。

完全在宅というスタイルが一部起因しているとも思う。
会社に出て顔を見てコミュニケーションをとって
仕事をしているとちょっとしたことも気軽に聞けるが、
チャットでは相手の様子も見えず、唐突にメッセージ
を送っていいのか考えたり、やめたり、と知らず知らず
のうちに1人で抱え込む状態が発生しやすい。
そして、顔を合わせていない分、弱気になってから
辞職までの道筋があまりに安直につけやすくなる、
気がする。

以前ここにも書いたが、
日本人は縦社会、欧米人は横社会。
縦社会だと横のつながりが出来にくいのでコミュニケーション
にも遠慮が生まれ、
気軽につながれないという状況ができ、
孤立する可能性は横社会よりは高い気がする。
それでもまだ毎日顔を合わせていれば接触もあるし、
少しは違うのかとも思うが。

でも、そもそも起業理由のひとつが

先進的な働き方=完全在宅勤務

というのがあるので、やはりそこは会社として譲れないだろう。

そうなると対処としては、
ついて行けない人員は「切り捨てる」という考えが
あるが、そうすると残った人間がきつくなる。

社長は外人を積極的にとっていく気持ちに切り替えた
ようだが、
日本人スタッフは常に大多数で存在するわけで、
今度は日本人と外人とのコミュニケーションの問題も
出て来るし、
それだけで解決するのかなあ、とも思う。

コストがかかるのはやはり一番人材。
結構費用を割いて採用・トレイニングしたのに数ヶ月で
辞めてしまう、
活躍してくれていたのにふとした理由で離職してしまう。
ここを打破しないといつまでも売上がたたず、
会社も成長しない、
そうすると私も給料があがらないーい!

ちょっと最近真剣に考えてます。

This year, cherry blossoms in Tokyo went by so fast.
It rains too much this spring and cherry blossom petals
fall off by rain.
I think many people missed ohanami,  celebratingt
cherry blossoms.

CEO came back from her business trip to California
last week and she is re organizing the company structure
again, this is the 3rd time since I joined this company.

This time, she is re organizing because her talk to
potential investors in US turned out successful and
the company will concentrate heavily on US market
from now on,
but past 2 times was due to people leaving the company.

Many people leave and they really do!
3 staff in March, 2 before that, and we are a company of
20 people or less and 2 or 3 staff is big.

I think one of the reasons is we are 100% wfh and
we communicate only through emails and chat only.
This is very helpful for many of the moms who work
and I am one of them.
As much as this flexible style is helpful for moms to restart
or continue their career,
it could also be a factor that drives isolation and
once someone feels isolated or hits a wall,
that person is quick to leave the company.

I confided my opinion with CEO but her thought is to
let them leave if they cannot cope with our radical (in
Japan at least) working style, the company is moving
forward, always trying new things and does not
intend to move retrospectively.

I fully agree with her about not changing our company
policy about "change the society by trying new things
(both its product and work style)", but
hmm, when people leave, investment (hiring and
training cost money) is not collected and it does not
bring revenue...

We must not give up our philosophy but at the same time
we must think and come up with means to keep our staff
working for us...

Something on my mind lately .

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー