3週間強に及ぶ翻訳仕事が今日やっと終わった!
原文読む
リサーチする
固有名詞などの日本語表記を探す
分からない単語、表現見つける、調べる
アメリカの友達に聞く
日本語のニュアンスを探す
見直す
の繰り返し、またはそれらの間を何度か行ったり来たり。
語学は奥が深い。
その言葉で産まれ育った人間じゃないと分からない、
その文章を書いてる人が育った世代じゃないと分からない、
などがあるのです。
でも100ページある半分くらいまで来て、
なんとなく著者と一体感が生まれて来て、
彼の言わんとすること、癖などがそれまでの文章で
わかってるから、
するすると文章が滑り出す。特にスラングは訳すのが難しい分、
上手い言い回しがみつかると心が躍ったりする。
で、一番最後のページ105ページに来て、少し名残惜しくも。。。
明日納品朝納品して、午後は友達とゆっくりランチでも
しようと思う。
しかし、在宅仕事とは本当に孤独っす。
お盆明けから人とも会わず、メールもたいしてせず、
ひたすら寝ても起きても英文との格闘だった。
息抜きは夕方にする夕飯の支度くらい。
こんな便利な都会に住んでるのに、下手したら食材も宅配頼み。
買い物に出ても買いだめ。。
でも、そんな孤独だけどシンプルな生活が好きになって来た。
(私にとっての)都会暮らしとは知らず知らずのうちに、
無駄なことを敢えて自分の生活に引き込んで、
生活をややこしくしてきたなあ、と思う。
なーんか、やっぱり緑に囲まれた田舎で、ひっそりと、
英文と格闘したり、たまによっこらしょっと都会に出たりしながら、
不便に住みたいなあ。。。
仕事をしない夕方から夜は子供と庭に出て雑草とったり、
庭木に水やったり。
で、週末は海か山。
な〜んて、たまにここに書いて都会生活続行です。
おつかれさまっっした!!(自分に)
My almost one month translation project done!
I just finished looking over 100 pages of my translation.
It was a constant looking back, editing, rewriting process,
however, again, I enjoyed it.
Towards the end of the journey,
I was starting to understand the author's writing tendency
and his sense of wordings that
just my translation just took off.
I also found myself spending time more efficiently, not
taking advantage of this lucrative, convenient environment of
Tokyo, just totally ignoring it.
I barely went out, if I had to, I just went in the closest market and
bought for 3 days so I don't have to go again.
Very economical.
I enjoyed being alone, working on your own is a lonesome business,
but I seem to enjoy it more and more now.
I could, yes really could, live out in a suburb, even in a countryside,
where I just do my own thang, and when tired, go out and enjoy
the nature around,
come back in, make tea, make dinner,
get back to work.
Once in a while I make trip to Tokyo to meet biz ppl,
get enough work for next one month or so,
come back, stay home do my own thang.
On weekend, we can go to a mountain or beach, play with nature
with my family.
Just live and grow with what's naturally surrounding us....
Just dreaming, dreaming away here in a small metropolitan apartment
in the heck center of Tokyo....
Job well done!!
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿