2019年1月13日日曜日

Accelerator Program



昨年10月から手伝いだしたインバウンド事業(国外から日本に流入する観光客向けの事業)のベンチャー企業社長が、大手外資コンサル企業主催のアクセレレータープログラムに登壇するというので、金曜午前、社長秘書の女性と一緒に聞きに行ってきた。

といっても、秘書の子は関係者席(前列)、私は一般席だったので、それはそれは社長が遠かった。
(500名定員のところ600名参加だったようで後ろまでびっしりだった)

ベンチャー企業と大企業をつなぐこのプログラムは毎月一度開催されているようだが、今回の年始めのイベントは、登録あるベンチャーの中でも勢いのあるベンチャー7社がプレゼンで競い、優勝者には賞金とメディア露出などが約束されるということだった。

私が手伝う会社の社長はオリンピックに向けて何かと注目度の高いインバウンド事業を扱う会社+日本にまだまだ数少ない女性経営者、という良い意味でもダブルパンチで、これまでもかなりのメディアに取り上げられており、かつ、このようなベンチャーコンペ的なものも何回か優勝の経験があり、贔屓目に見てもかなりプレゼンの仕上がりが完璧だった。

結果、審査員からも「あっぱれ!」「完璧!」の言葉をいただき、優勝していた。

いやあ、私もプレゼン感動した。すごかった。優秀な人ってすごいなーと純粋に思った。

秘書の子に頼まれて動画をとっていたのだが、社長プレゼン時も結果発表時もなぜか私が緊張して、スマホを持つ手が震えてしまって、ステージまで遠いし震えてるしで結局まったく動画は使えず…

この歳になると、自分が個人で何かに優勝するということはなかなかないので、他人のふんどし感満載だが、良い経験をさせていただいたなと感謝している次第。しかも、他のベンチャーのプレゼンを聞くというのもなかなかない機会なので、そうゆう意味でもとても良い経験をさせていただいたと思ってる。

ベンチャーで働く利点は、時代の流れを生に感じられるところ、かな。

昔一時期関わってからずーっとまたやりたいなと思ってきたローカリゼーションの仕事も今の職場では増え始め、ただひたすら翻訳するのではなく、仕事にバリエーションが出てきて楽しくなり始めた。
そうなると打ち込みたくなるのが私の性分で、年末前あたりから仕事に対する不完全燃焼がたまり始めてる感じを覚え始めており、年明け旦那と息子たちに、

そろそろ仕事メインにシフトチェンジしてきます

と宣言。

旦那が4月から新しい職場に移るので、それまでに環境(特に上の子の)を整えつつ、仕事の稼働を増やしていこうかなと思っている。

なんて思ってたら、入社時から私の制限ある稼働状況に深い理解を示し、入社直後からリモート作業を許してくれたりと柔軟に対応してきてくれた上司が来月から変わるらしく、いったいどうなるのかしら、という感じ。
でも、なるようにしかならないのは慣れっこなので、流れに任せて、自分ができることを自分のできる範囲で責任を持って遂行するのみです。見てくれている人は見てくれているはず!

今月どっかで10何年ぶりに冬の海に繰り出す予定!アメリカから帰ってすぐにカスタムで作った冬用のウェットスーツ、セールで買ったブーツと手袋を引っ張り出してきた。ウェットはずっとしまってあったけど無事着られて一安心。

今年はロングボード買うぞ!

CEO of a Japanese startup company I have been helping out with localization/ translation aspect participated in an accelerator program
14年前に作ったウェットがまだ入った!
A winter wetsuit from 14 yrs ago still fits me!!
run and sponsored by Deloitte and Nomura (investment banking) and won the first place out of participating 7 startups.
It was such an exciting experience to be present at the event as the winner's employee.
CEO made a perfect presentation and perfect thank you comment after winning the prize.
She is such an inspiring and intelligent individual and I truly feel lucky to be working for a company run by such motivated individual.

My opportunity and motivation has steadily been growing at this startup ever since I started working in last October.
My role started out with simply a Japanese to English 'translation', but rapidly expanded to localization which I have been wanting to get back into since little before I gave birth to Koki in 2009.

First 2 months were a trial for me (and also for the employer) to see I could work my schedule around my 2 kids and house chore.
My boss was from the beginning very lenient about my work schedule and environment allowing me to work from home whenever I needed to. This played a big part and I greatly appreciate his support. Unfortunately, he will be promoted and will no longer be my boss, but hopefully we will be able to work together in some extent.

As long as this supportive environment remains the same and my role does not change drastically, I see myself working in this environment for a long period of time.

Just like surfing, once I set my mind to one thing, I want to focus (although I am still a novice+ level surfer, I am a pro at mind level....).
Now that Hiroto is in one of the best public day cares in our ward which is only 2 minute walk from our house, I decided to increase my work schedule and told my family that I want to focus and a bit more time to my career this year.

Toru and I (or probably mostly me) need to come up with a clever solution for Koki's after school hours.
Right now, he comes home and goes to play (games) with his friends at one of friends' house about twice a week. I let him bring his friends home once a week which I want to continue doing as much as possible, but from my career perspective, I'd like to find him something to do maybe like a workshop on one day out of a week.
Maybe the solution is to do a remote work every other Wednesday when he gets out of school early so he can at least invite his friends over once every 2 weeks.

We will see.

I am planning to go surfing sometime this month, in the middle of freezing winter in Japan, the coldest season!
Surfing strongly entices me whenever I want to focus and push for a new start.
This is because surfing helps me get rid of unnecessary thoughts and focus on what's important for me at that point of time in my life.

I pulled out my winter wetsuit I have not worn for over 10 years, my boots and gloves. All ready to go.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー