2018年11月14日水曜日

3歳, just turned 3


きづけば新橋に通い始めて1カ月が過ぎた。
総勢50名がひしめく手狭なオフィスでもくもくとアプリのローカリゼーションとアプリに紐づくウェブサイトのローカリゼーション&記事翻訳だけに専念している。
自分の専門職にだけ注力すればよく、シフト自由・リモートOKとかなり優遇していただき体も楽で、やはり環境って大切だなと実感。

インバウンド関連の事業を2年前に立ち上げたばかりの会社だが、社長はとても聡明な人で、毎週定例会議で今彼女がオンタイムで何に関わっているのか(有識者会議のメンバーにもなっている)手短に話してくれるのだが、飛ぶ鳥を落とす勢いの会社というのは、やはり経営者が真面目で優秀だなとつくづく感じる今日この頃。

これまでは英語=外国人経営者の会社でバイリンガルアドミンor秘書が主だったが、ここに来て多少給与を下げても翻訳に舵を切って正解だった。
こんなこと言うのもなんだが、もうこの歳で雑多に振り回されるアドミンは正直やらなくていいかな、と翻訳オンリーに切り替えてつくづく感じている。

ソーシャルメディア会社のカメラマンが突然やめた。
もう撮らないらしい。唐突で驚いたが、やりたくないのならしょうがないのだろう。
その話を本人から聞いて1週間。ベルギーにいる社長からは日常的なメールしか来ず、カメラマン退任を受け今後コンテンツ作成などどうするのか全くメールが来ない…
コンテンツあったのソーシャルメディアなので、コンテンツ作る人がいなくなったらout。一体今後どうするのだろうか。

今朝カメラマンにLINEしたら、もう先々週社長には伝えてるとのことなので、しびれを切らした私は社長に質問メールを送った。

さんざん辞めてやる!と吠えてきた私だが、蓋を開けてみたらカメラマンの方がキッパリ辞めたという…ベンチャーあるあるでした。

生きていると、本当にいろいろなことがあるものです。

そう、下の子が今月5日で3歳になりました!

It has been a month since I started going to the new work place in Shinbashi.
I am working on a localization project of an app and website plus translation of online articles about ski resorts in Japan.
The company I work for focuses on inbound business which is one of the very few growing sector in Japan.

Although my wage is lower than ever, my job satisfaction is higher than ever. I very much like the fact that I can focus on one type of job, translation.
I do not have to take calls, greet clients, serve tea or take minutes etc.
My past bilingual position required all these admin tasks that had to be done by someone which was sometimes me or someone else if available just because I never called myself a translator or interpreter.

After all these years, I realize all I had to do was to tell myself that I was a translator not a bilingual administrator or a secretary...

Anyway, I am gradually fitting into this energetic/ emerging startup rapidly growing with new staff constantly joining and the office packed with 50+ ppl.

On the other side, the social media company I helped to establish here in Tokyo is facing the most challenging moment ever since it started here.
Things change and people move on in both life and business but in business, you have to come up with a solution to continue.
I am hoping the CEO will come up with a clever solution to fill in the important piece we lost.

I have always been the one to drop the ball, but it seems the table is turning now. I feel the pain and I feel sorry for all the people I dropped the ball on in the past, though it was inevitable.

You know, and again, things happen in life, so many things but we all anyhow move on. Time passes, you look back and realize that eventually triggered next phase of your journey. Things happen for a reason, really, no matter how hard it hits you, you will anyhow crawl out of it if you don't give up.

Hiroto turned 3 this month, on the 5th!
3 years in life! Cheers.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー