2018年1月9日火曜日

冬休み終了, Back to school


我が家は昨日で冬休み終了、上の息子以外は足取りも重くそれぞれの持ち場へ。
といっても私は5分前までメールチェック、返信、対応などして今日はおしまい。
先月中旬から友人の紹介で行きだしたバイトに今朝から行く予定をしていたのだが、学童を先月いっぱいで辞めた&今日は給食がなくて12時45分下校だということを昨夜になって気づき、急遽バイトはいかないことに。
不幸中の幸い?で、バイト先から連絡が来ていなくてはっきりした出勤日を提示していなかったので、夜ちょうど来たメールに、「今週は金曜のみです」と返信した(セーフ!)。

年明け早々仕事のランドスケープがまたもや変わった。
昨年夏から手探りで手伝ってきたソーシャルメディアの方の営業仕事をバサッと切り落としたから。

朝夕、平日週末休日関係なく対応させられることに、そして仕事が直結してるカメラマンのわがまま加減にストレスが徐々に溜まってきたのだが、イギリスにいる社長はとても良い人で彼の期待に応えようとやってきて、
カメラマンに対するストレスも冬休みでリセットしようと思っていたのだが、元旦から「仕事してくれ、いつになったらオンラインになるのか」、とやんややんやと毎日のようにLINEが入ってきて、「休み明けまでまってくれないか」と言ったら、「そんな長期休暇に入るなら事前に言ってくれ。俺は11日から友達が訪日するからそれまでにある程度撮影を終わらせておきたいんだ」とキレられ、せっかくリチャージしてたバッテリーがいっきにゼロになってしまった。

いやさ、前々に根回しが必要なのは普通に正月休み+αをとる私ではなく、友達が来るから仕事を巻きたいという君だろう。。。
そもそも契約自体が存在しないのだから、日本人は正月休みくらいとるわ、そりゃ。

こうゆうやりとりがこれまでも何回かあったのだが、面倒だから私が対応したり、時には事情や状況を事細かに説明して彼のわがまま心をなだめすかしたりしてきたが、なんか子守りみたいで疲れてしまった。根本的に彼がわがままなのと、私が一時的には合わせても最終的には仕事&オフのマイペースを崩さないことは変わることはないので、この辺が潮時だろう。

Facebookのフォロワーもここ半年でかなり増えたし、動画ビュー数も知名度も上がってきてこれから、というところで手を引くのは社長には申し訳ないな、と思うが、次はぜひ営業経験がある&男性をカメラマンに見つけてもらえたらと思う。
お金持ちで両親に甘やかされて育った(であろう)カメラマンは根本的に女性を下に見ている感が行動・言葉の端々に見られるので、年上の経験豊富な男性、が適任かと。

一応、バックオフィス系の仕事だけ引き続きやる予定。
(要は社長のお手伝いだけ、いいとこどり!)

上の子が2歳の頃から手伝っているジャックの仕事も一時期夜対応、週末対応が続いて旦那に小言を言われたので、「22時以降と週末・祝日の仕事依頼は報酬1.5倍増しでよろしく」と伝えて少し減った。
ジャックはここ6年間で何度か喧嘩・話し合いをして地ならしをした。仕事以外でもいろいろお世話になってるのである程度は対応するようにはしているのだが、たまにイレギュラー対応が続くと常態化するので、たまに「喝」を入れてあるべき状態に戻させていただいている。

来週月曜からソーシャルメディア会社の社長が日本のソーシャルメディア(チャネル)会社のグローバルチームのヘッドとMTGのために来日する。火曜にはわがままカメラマン含め翌日の商談に向けてチームMTG、水曜はその会社とのMTG、木曜は他のお客さんところに同行予定。

先月から行き始めたバイトは主婦バイトって感じで本当にお手伝い程度。
その会社が運営するサイトに動画アップしたり、ExcelからコピペでWordpressで記事アップしたりするお気楽バイト。時給も学生バイトレベルで大した収入にならないが、シフトも週ごとにメールでOKだし、ほんっとーに気楽。

こんな感じで1月はゆるりゆるりと様子見する予定。
上の子の学童もないし、基本学校のスケジュールに振り回されるのでコミットを迫られない仕事&業務量を維持しながら、下の子の保育園をキックアウトされない程度の勤務形態は死守すべく、ゆるりゆるーりと今できることをしてやってきますわ。

チームワークが苦手な私は久々に翻訳方面を開拓するかな~家でできるし、最初から納期わかってるしね。

自分のペース、家族との時間を最優先にね。
だって、今は今しかないのだから、ね。

Our winter break is over!
Mukais back to school & work from today.
I was also scheduled to go to work in Akasaka from 10am this morning until I realized Koki got out of after school program (gakudo) in December and he gets out of school in early afternoon today at 5:00pm yesterday... oops.

Luckily, I had not told the employer when I was coming in and I only received an email from him yesterday evening, so I just replied to him that I will be in the office on Friday this week.

This new work place which was introduced to me through my friend who was also referred from her friend is no stress tho the wage is low, like a student intern.
At first, I was asked to come help whenever I were free in December so I went twice when I did not have any task from 2 freelance jobs, but now that I dropped video shooting coordination role which slowly became 80% sales job over the time (since last July) and that the owner got in touch with me to come back, I plan to go back twice a week to fill in the time I now have.

SNS company, the camera man I have been helping to line up video shoots for dropped a bomb on me on the new year day which provided a no path return for me emotionally, simply he ticked me off to the edge.
Since last summer, I slowly learned that he is a spoiled brat fresh out of college who thinks he is someone special being in Tokyo (not in US) just because he is able to lead a life without any stress in central Tokyo with support of his parents money and that he expects everyone to treat him like his parents treat him.
He was pushing me to work work work on my holiday just because he has a friend coming over from US this week and he wanted to get ahead with his shootings.

I was trying to recover over the holiday from the stress and complaints against him for his lack of respect to people and business customs in Japan, his expectations of my 24-7 response and lack of understanding for my life with children and importance of work life balance, which have been accumulating little by little since last summer. Him blaming me of not being responsible about my work by not responding to his text messages which came on my holiday pushed me off the edge.

I did not have to be upset any more, just a polite message saying "I have a better job offer and I am dropping from this role. Thank you for the opportunity."
After all, there was never any contract or verbal agreement on how I do my work, so he has no chain on me (plus, he is not paying me, CEO is).

He is not a bad person, but I prefer to work with someone who respects that I have a life that is equally important as his or hers so I led it go. Better for him, better for me. Too bad for the CEO tho. I told CEO first that I am dropping from this role but would like to keep working with him so if he was ok, I would continue taking care of backend tasks for him.

Maybe I should refocus on translation again, something I can do on my own, no collaboration required, can be done from home.

My focus is myself and my families.
I want all of us to be happy.
No sacrifices there:)

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー