今朝も雨。
先週は2日くらいしか晴れ間がなかった。
日本の冬は日本晴れが多いはずなのに、
今年は雨が多い気がする。
雪は降らないけど。
日本は梅雨があるのに、それ以外にも、
季節の節目にも結構雨が降る。
天気は気分に大いに影響するし、健康にも
影響する。
本当なら晴れ間の多い土地に住みたいよなー
ひさびさにアメリカの永住権のロトだしてみるかなー
去年9月から始めた英会話スクールを1月でやめ、
息子は3月から友達2人と一緒にうちで週一で
プライベート英会話レッスンを開始することになった。
私が手伝ってるインターの先生の1人に紹介してもらい、
金曜に初めて息子達の先生と顔合わせをしたが、
子どもが好きそうなのが伝わって来てすごくよかった。
1月まで通った英会話スクールの先生は、
子どもがそんなに好きじゃない感じがそこはかとなく
伝わってくる人で、
インターのオーナーにも何度か他探す時のポイントを
相談したのだが、
子どもが好きなこと、
ネイティブスピーカーなこと、
を重要視するといいといっていた。
最悪、そのインターが分校で出す駒沢公園近くの
インターのアフタースクールクラスに連れてくかなー
と思っていたが、どうにかローカルにすみそうで
よかった。
先生は生まれも育ちもNYクイーンズという都会ッ子で
おかしなことにそこそこ有名な芸人さんとルームシェアを
しているらしい。
今回の先生は週4で公立の小中学校でも英語を教えていて、
他にも塾やプライベートで教えているらしく、
5歳児のプライベートレッスン経験もあるし、
経験も長いので期待。
これまでは、英語はいつかやればいっかなー
程度の認識レベルで来たのだが、
去年私の仕事の間体験させてもらった広尾のインターでの
息子の様子を見て「親スイッチ」が入ってしまった。
もともと日本語を覚えてから、と思っていたので
小さい頃より時間かかるかもしれないが、
まあ、タイミング的にもよいと思う。
あとは、英語アレルギーにならないよう、
親があまりプレッシャーを与えないようにしないと。
We have many wet days this winter.
In general winter in Tokyo tends to be dry, but
this year it rains often.
Last week, only 2 sunny days out of 7 days and
it gave hard time for moms as laundry got
piled up (in Japan, many households hang
laundry outside, few have or use dryer).
After seeing Koki flourish in his linguistic
department at an international summer school
he attended while I worked in their office,
we put him in an English class with an American
teacher from last September, but
I started to notice that Koki was started loose
interest in English and became less enthusiastic
about learning.
Not only did he not enjoy a one on one private
lesson but also I felt that his teacher did not especially
like kids but rather she did teaching for making living.
I consulted about finding a different option for
Koki to the international school owner I help
once a week now and her advice was to find someone,
who likes children,
who is a native speaker,
she recommended that I spoke to the teachers
at school if any of them taught outside school
or if any of them knew somone who does.
One of them introduced me to a teacher who teaches
at public elementary and junior high schools here in
Tokyo and he is interested.
I got two other moms and their kids join me in the class
and now we are off to start an English class on
every Wednesday from March.
We met him for the first time last Friday and
the best part was that he loves children.
He also has experience teaching kids around Koki's age
and that he is from NY (born and raise, a native speaker).
Some say earlier the better, but we wanted to wait until
Koki picked up basic Japanese before we started him
learn another language, and I think it is a good timing
as Koki converses smoothly even with grown ups now.
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿