2014年8月14日木曜日

お盆休み、Obon Break




おはようございまーす。
お盆まっただ中、近所のお宅はお留守が多く、
いつも賑わう近所の商店街もひっそりとしてる中、
ローカルに過ごしてるyukoです。
 
飛び飛びのお盆休みだし、
旅行もいかないし、少しは休みらしく満喫しないと、
ということで、
近所に出来たネイルサロンでペディキュアしてきた♩

そして、PCワークが多くたまに腰痛、背中痛、
肩こりが来る自分に、
座るだけで骨盤と背骨を自然に伸ばしてくれる
Backjoyというものを買ってみた。

気づいたら私には珍しく、赤、赤。

幼少の頃から「女の子=赤、ピンク」という固定概念が
大嫌いな母に青や茶、グレーや緑などを積極的に身に付け
させられて来た私は(多分姉二人も)潜在意識?で即座に
赤、ピンクを避けてしまう。

親の刷り込みってすごい影響力です。

昨日はスクールディレクターでもある会社の
オーナーが午前しかオフィスにいられないという
ことで、急遽私が午後からカバーしたのだけど、
オーナーが帰り際に、

they are for you to keep

と言ってオフィスの鍵を渡して帰って行った。
小さい会社ばかり手伝って来てるので毎度のことだが、
鍵渡されてそこから徐々にオフィスがセカンドホーム
状態になるのかならないのか、で
その会社に長く勤められるのかが私の中で決まる。

今回はなりそうな予感。
あとはあちら次第。

インターのオーナーといろいろ話し、
ネイルサロンのオーナーとネイルやってもらってう間話し、
二人が揃って言っていたのは、
子育てしながら会社勤務は大変だから、
自分でビジネスやる方が自分にも子供にも楽。

ううううーん、気づかんかった。
ビジネスやる方が大変だと思い込んでこれまで来た。
が、そうゆう道があるのか〜
と一瞬キラッと開眼したが、
あ、私にはビジネスアイディアがなかった...
そして資金も...
借金は住宅ローンで充分だし...

ということで、
夢破れたり。早かった。

そういやカリフォルニアから帰国する際には
真剣に海の近くにカフェ兼雑貨屋兼自分のオフィス
(当時はデザインをやってたのでデザインオフィス)
やって、半年に一回カリフォルニアに買い付けに来て、
とか思ってたなあ。

良い意味でも悪い意味でも、
アメリカはそうゆう、日本では速攻誰かが却下
するような夢を延々と思い続けられる土壌が
あるんだよなあ、
懐かしい。

明日は海に行きます!

Being in middle of Obon break here in Tokyo,
many of our neighbors are away and
a 2 block away, always lively shopping street 
is vacant,
and here we are, enjoying quiet Tokyo.

I like staying in Tokyo during this break and
also during a GW in May where everyone is away
and I can trespass to all these places which always
have crowd of people otherwise.

To start my break, I went to get pedicure done
at a new salon in a neighborhood,
then we went on a small shopping spree to buy
some things we needed ended up buying a little
bit more than that.

Koki's got a little cosmos projector,
Toru's got a new expensive shampoo,
I got Backjoy seater for my sometime aching back.

Yesterday, I went to the office to cover for the
owner/school director who had to leave by noon.
Before she left, she gave me a set of key for me to keep.

Because I have always worked with small business
owners (except one occasion when I worked as a
dispatch worker from an agency),
this is typical that they give me keys after working
with them for several months,
or some of them gave keys right away.

From here, now the question is will this office space
become my second home?
I figured if I could not make myself comfortable
enough at the office, I won't last long there.
(This is one of the reasons why I never lasted at
big corporations)

Speaking with my boss who is a business owner of
more than one business and also with a nail salon
owner,
they both told me it would have been just too tough
for them to work everything out if they went to
work for someone else and that is one of the reasons
they started their own business.

This made me, "ah!".
I never thought of that, having my own business!
But then next moment I realize I don't have any business
idea, haha, dream fades so quickly.

When I was still living in California and when Toru and I
decided to move back to Japan,
I was seriously planning to open a cafe/ shop/ design office
near the beach in my hometown.
This is laughable once we are in Japan, but you know,
back in America, I was so so serious about this idea.
I knew back then already, seeing people the way they lived
in California, that I could no longer live like
how I used to...

I just had to live the way that fitted me, I couldn't stand any
workplace that had to bend the way I saw/felt comfortable,
regardless of what it provides me with or the outcome
of giving up that opportunity.

Well, here I am, 10 years later back in Tokyo, away from
California, doing, not too bad, not bad at all,
though it still entices me to think about having my own
business ;)

We are going to the beach tomorrow,
swayed by waves and California dreaming...

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー