| おいしっ! Yum! |
サマースクールは今週いっぱいで終了。
息子の一夏のインター経験も終了。
英語に身近に触れ興味を持てた良い体験でした!
インターナショナルスクールは来週一週間閉校、研修の週
になり、再来週からは新学期。
今週はそれはそれはバタバタで目まぐるしかった。
そこに日々の事務仕事、しばらく日本語が出来る人がいなかった
ことによりなおざりにされてきた積み残しのその他諸々もあり、
究極のマルチタスキングで、仕事のリストがどんどん
長くなって行き、
小さい会社の雑事に慣れている私もさすがに最後の方は
オーナーに声をかけられると思わずムッとしたりした。
今の職場は先生含め全員女性の職場なのだが、
全員日本以外の出身の人ばかりのせいか、無駄な気を使う
必要もなく、楽。
これまで男性と仕事する方が楽だと思い込んで来たが
案外女同士の方が楽。
でも、これは本音出しがある程度までOKで、ひどく自分の
感情を取り繕うことを求められない環境だからかもしれない。
外国人の女性と話していていつも感じるのは、「遠慮」が
さほど必要ないこと。
他人の意見は他人の意見として受け止める文化で育っている
ので、同調を示さなくても相手は気分を害さない(ことが多い)。
今の私の態度?で日本女性と仕事したら「こわ〜」とか
言われるのかもしれない。
ただ、オーナーがこの間チラッと「駐在員社会はゴシップの温床」
と言っていて、
なるほど〜やはりお国柄問わずのこともありし、と思った次第。
他の子を持つ親を見ていると母としての自分を見つめ直す。
謙虚、というのは本当に大切。
特にインターのような社会の中でも恵まれた方の環境で子育てを
する人たちを見てたまに思うのは、
どんなに自分またはパートナーが稼いでいようが、
資産があろうが、美しかろうが、学歴があろうが、
特別意識を持ったり、奢るのはどうかと思う。
それから、たまに自分の出産、子育てに絶対的な自信を持ち、
つよーい選民意識を固辞し他人に押し付ける輩がいるが、
これも奢りの一種だと思う。
出産が大病院だろうが、助産院だろうが、自宅だろうが、
お産自体が安産だろうが難産だろうが、
分娩が自然だろうが無痛だろうが帝王切開だろうが、
母乳育児だろうが人工乳育児だろうが、
自然食だろうが外食が多かろうが、
一人っ子だろうが兄弟多かろうが、
テレビを見せようが見せまいが、
保育園だろうが幼稚園だろうがフリースクールだろうが、
子供は子供!
どれが上も下もなく、それぞれの親が自分の出来るベスト
を傾ける、それだけ。
そしてもっと言うと、
子供がいる生活だけを絶対視しない。
恵まれていることに感謝することは大切だが
自分が絶対だと奢るのは。
でも、これを心して生き続けるのって結構難しいのかも。
でも、生活をシンプルにし、毎日を楽しく生きるためには
自分がまずそうつとめないとな、と思う今日この頃。
Koki finished his 5 week summer school at the international
school I work for.
It was good experience for him as he became interested in
learning another language.
He used to be allergic to me speaking English, but now
he shows interest in learning.
We put him in a trial class at a nearby English school his
friend Maya goes to and liked it.
We may put him in from September if I can arrange between
my works.
Working at a school, I encounter many parents and it
allows me to look back on myself as a parent.
I sometimes see, including outside my work environment,
a mother or a father pressing their strong belief in their
child up bringing denying others or trying to correct other's
ways.
I got a lecture a few times in the past as well and this is
very annoying as every parent has his or her way (not to say
a belief, a way) he or she thinks best for his or her child and
that is that.
Be it,
a natural birth or epidural,
giving birth at a big hospital or a small clinic or at home,
all organic diet or not,
a breast feeding or formula milk,
a nursery school or a kindergarten school,
non TV environment or not,
an only child or more siblings,
it doesn't matter! Children are children, no one is above or
below anyone.
If I went more to say,
a life with a child is beautiful but life without a child is as
beautiful, neither is less or more than the other.
This is so important to keep in mind, yet sometimes I find
myself leaning toward my "way" judging others as well.
Very difficult to "let go" of things in life and just live like
a stream in a river or a surf in the ocean as every human
has ego and this is the hardest thing to let go.
Yet, I shall keep trying, to be a better human being, and
to make my life more simple and enjoyable.
Bias, is what makes people apart and feel left out.
To judge is for almighty, not for a human being.
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿