2011年11月19日土曜日

Boys are boys

"Good to see you, mate".
今日は寒い上に一日雨の土曜日だった。

土曜日朝は旦那が起きる前に、息子と2人で近所のカフェ併設のパン屋さんに朝ご飯を食べに行くことが多いのだけど、今朝はさすがに雨だし出なかった。
昨日買っておいたクリスピークリーム・ドーナツがあったので、いつも通り自分でコーヒーをおとして朝ご飯に。季節がらスノーマンとリースのドーナツが出ていたので、息子にはスノーマン買い求め、今朝出したら、たっぷりのホワイトチョコ・コーティングとイチゴジャムのフィリングなのにぺろっと平らげた。さすが私の息子だ。

昨日は1歳半から保育園が始まるまでたまに遊んだカイルくんと半年以上ぶりに遊んだ。お互いすっかり大きくなった。息子は女の子の友達が多いため、プライベートでは男の子と遊ぶ機会が皆無なのだけど、ひさびさに男の子のお友達と遊んでいる姿を見ていて、やっぱり2歳半も過ぎると男の子は男の子同士で遊ぶべきなのだなーと痛感した。
あとは、男の子ならではの「ああ、そうゆうことあるね〜」というboysママあるある話があって、その部分が結構新鮮な1日でした。

とはいっても、ママ同士は集まって情報交換したり、ママ話で盛り上がりたい訳で、まあ、保育園で男の子と存分遊んでいるし、これからも女の子たちとも遊ばせる訳だけどね。

A rainy it was today. It was cold rain. Beginning of winter season.
Koki and I usually go to a bakery & cafe in neighborhood for a breakfast on Saturdays, but today we stayed home. I dripped my own coffee and we had donuts from Krispy Kreme.
Koki had a snowman donut with white chocolate coating and strawberry filling. I was waiting to finish my donut as the snowman was pretty big and I did not expect Koki to finish it all.
Unexpectedly he finished it all, and pretty quickly too shouting, "amai! (sweet)".

Yesterday friends and their baby came to pick us up at 10 am in a morning to go play at a park.  As both of the boys were coughing and with bit of runny nose, we skipped a swimming class which Kyle (their baby) goes every Friday and Koki was in for a trial lesson. We led the boys play in a park all morning and then drove to a shopping mall and had lunch together.
It was new for me to see Koki play with a boy because he usually plays with his girl friends as my mom friends all have baby girls.  He plays with lots of boys at a day care but I don't get to see them play usually.I realize at age of 2 years and 7 months, boys need to play with boys.
At age 2, boys and girls start to play differently from each others. Boys tend to be aggressive where girls tend to be gentle with toys (of course, there are lots of exceptions). Even the most tomboy girl friend Koki has, Koki always anyhow makes her cry when they play together and this can be stressful sometimes.

Well, moms are moms and kids are kids, we will find a good balance.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー