今回の仕事は2種類で、1つはペーパーバックの翻訳段階前の出版社に提出する書類(シノプシスというらしい)、もう1つは音楽CDの歌詞の対訳。後者はかなり楽しんで短時間で出来たものの、前者はかなり大変。今後どの程度頻繁に話が来るかは謎だけど、何はともあれ語学を生業するということは並大抵のことではないのです。でも、仕事ってやってる時大変だけど、やっぱり終わると達成感あるな、と実感。今後どんな形になるかは分からないけど、やっぱり何らかの形で仕事はしたいなと思った。
あとは、素人裸足だからしょうがないけれど、今後もう少し報酬が上がるとモチベーションも変わってくる気が・・・
明日は久々に時間に捉われず心置きなく洸希を公園に連れて行ったり、一緒に昼寝したりしようと思いまーす!
協力してもらったトオルとトオル両親に感謝。
Past few weeks I have been continuously working on a translation project for writing up a synopsis for a book called "Mind in the Making" which is about child development. The book itself is a great book and I enjoyed reading since it hits right my spot. Reading and understanding in English is one thing where translating it into Japanese that make sense is quite another though I think I am not too bad at it. Plus, being time starved with 1 year old running around, it was mentally presurring as well. On weekdays, I'd do some work when Kohki takes a nap and after he goes to sleep (of course there's house chores too) and on weekends, I'd take Kohki and stay over Toru's parents and have their help looking after Kohki and snatch few hours in a block to concentrate and do more work.
Since this was my first shot with the translation career, I don't know if my freelance translation work is gonna take off but if it does, all stakes need to be considered.
For now I will take a break from everything and just relax and enjoy the time-pressure-free time with Kohki at park and take a nap with him in the afternoon.
Not to forget, gratitude goes out for Toru and his parents for all their support.
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿