2019年8月25日日曜日

夏休み終了 summer ends for Koki


長いぞ、長いぞ、どうする、どうする
と騒ぎ立てているうちに気づいたら明日から上の子も学校再開。

鍵っ子x会社同行x夏期講習x友達
で何とか乗り切った4年生夏。

先週木曜今の会社の社長2人との3カ月レビューで
仙石山森タワーのB1に入ってる中華でランチをごちそうに
なったのだが、すっごい美味しかった!
ロケーションも緑が多く、大人しかいなくて最高だった。

あの辺のエリアはビジネス関連の人しかいないので落ち着いている。

初の税務調査の立ち合いを済ませ、初のフォーカスグループという
マーケティング手法?の調整仕事も経験し、総務と経理少しも同時
平行でやりながら、気づいたらほぼ3ヶ月、飛ぶようだった。

週3+忙しいときは在宅で1日、という契約でスタートしたが
ここから2-3ヶ月で社長が総務経理を全部引き継ぎたいらしく
となると稼働増やす必要あるかもしれないな
と思っているところに翻訳の依頼が入り
空けておいた金曜はそちらにかかりっきりに。

ひさびさに翻訳(英文和訳)やって、あー翻訳もやっぱり好きだなぁ、
と実感。やっぱり依頼が入った時のために週1日は一応空けて
おこうかなーと思った。

プラス、上の子が手が離れたところでうちは下がまだ小さいので(3歳)
セミフルタイムでもまだ無理かなあと二の足を踏む。

というか、私はいわゆる「正社員」「フルタイム」「安定収入」という
概念は一生ないのかもしれない。

安定収入の前髪?が見えたかと思うとプイっと横道にそれる性質が
あるもんで、今後も「やりたいこと」「開拓」でいくのでしょう。

お金て大事だし、将来に不安がないわけではないけど、それよりも
何よりも「生きている実感」。
せっかく生きているのだから、やりたいことしかやりたくない、
生きたいようにしか生きたくない。

日々是精進!?

I hear leaving a 10 year old at home for more than few hours in
Hong Kong is a crime so I hear, but in Tokyo, it is not.
So, we ended up having Koki stay home while I went to work
several times this summer (I can feel some of you going furious
about this).

We could do this because we have close relationship with our
neighbors and that if something happens he can go to neighors
door and they all know who he is, plus nowdays, smartphone
lets you track where your child is (GPS) and communication tool
like LINE to allow quicker and easier communication.

Because Koki is pretty well self-maintained and we can trust him,
we led him go buy his own schedule (based on a study plan we
created for him). It looked like he enjoyed his freedom of living
his own schedule.

On some days he came with me to my office or went to his friend
who live across from us to play and study together.

This summer has been quite an experience for both Koki and us
as parents.

I had a 3 month performance review lunch with my 2 German
bosses. Lunch was very nice at a high-end Chinese restaurant
in Sengokuyama Mori Tower, in central Tokyo.

They are quite happy with me and they hope to have me take over
more tasks from here on and hopefully in 2-3 mos, they would
like me to take over all admin and invoice stuff so they can
focus on branding and strategy.

As much as I love these guys and other staff in my current workplace,
I still want to leave one day out of a week for potential translation
project which time to time come to me (English to Japanese translation).

So, during next 2 months or so, I need to figure out how much I can
take over from these young CEOs (esp. the younger one that also
looks over admin, invoice stuff).

Last day of summer break for Koki today.
We need to decide how to spend it now.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー