都心での育児、仕事、日々のこと、自分の感じたことを気ままにつづってます
Writing about parenthood, work, and life in central Tokyo.
2017年6月21日水曜日
大雨, heavy rain
今日はやっと梅雨らしく朝から大雨。ずっと雨。
朝から昼過ぎまでジャックの仕事で弁護士事務所で
通訳仕事。
ミーティングが始まってすぐは脳みそがウォーミング
アップされておらず、
「?!』という面々がこちらを見つめている中、
どうにか頭が真っ白にならないよう自分を保ち
なんとか自分の脳みそを軌道に乗せ、
2時間半近くのミーティングを乗り切った。
通訳って集中力だよな〜と毎回思う。
自分に負けたらそこでプツっと終っちゃうから、
自分との勝負でもある。
毎回通訳仕事から帰ると、何かしなきゃ!スキルアップ
のために、、、と痛感するのだが、日々の生活に忙殺
されすぐ忘れる。
いずれにしろ、通訳の仕事は本当に楽しい、大変だし
プレッシャーだけど、両サイドが「うんうん」となった
瞬間の達成感が本当にすばらしい。
翻訳も面白いけれど、達成感は通訳のほうが上。
プロ養成とかだと半年とか1年縛られるから、
いつ?と思ってるうちに忘れるので、
今日は短期集中コースのを調べたら、
8月初旬に1日コースというのがあるので、それに申し込んで
みようかなと思う。
それで、お金と時間に余裕が出たらもう少し長いコースを
申し込みたい、できれば秋頃、無理なら来年春とか。
あと、英字新聞アプリで購読しようかな〜
語彙力のために。
さ、お迎えいってきます。今日は早め。
I had an almost 2 hand half hour meeting to interpret
this morning. My brain was not ready when the meeting
started with lawyers and the client but as it went on,
my brain started to warm up and took off.
I need to train myself to jump start my brain.
Every time I come back, I tell myself I need to at some
point take a training course for interpretation because
mine is self taught through work.
It not only looks credible but also it is more efficient
to be trained and be at a pro level.
I really enjoy interpreting, probably more than translation
and I am ready to invest in it to top it a notch to a higher
level so I can work as a freelance interpreter.
This time, I think I will actually sign up for a class,
for a one day session in August , and then if I can
make budget and time for longer course in fall,
maybe I will sign up. if not this fall, maybe next fall.
I will start saving up after we come back from Hawai'i trip!
We are so looking forward to our Hawai'i trip leaving on
July 13th.
Aloha!
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿