2014年4月19日土曜日

Easter

Easter cards

80年代終わりから90年代初頭にかけ
住んでいたアメリカのパーティー?文化を
持ち帰ったうちの母は、
毎年行事ごとにリビングを飾り付けるのだが、
シーズンごとに飾り付けが変わる。

1991年に帰国したその年は、
まだハロウィンがまったく根付いていなかった
日本で、アメリカかぶれの我が家は、
どっかからオレンジ色のカボチャを調達してきて
くり抜いてジャコ・ランタンを作り、玄関に置いたり、
なんとサンクスギビング(感謝祭)よろしく
七面鳥をナショナル麻布マーケットだかで調達
してきて、飾り付けも少ししてターキーを
食べたりもした(完璧なアメリカかぶれ。。)

さすがにその後サンクスギビングまではやらなくなったが、
未だにイースター、セントパトリックスデイ(こちらは
もとはアイルランド)、クリスマスなどの飾り付けは
マメにしていて、
(正月、ひな祭り、五月人形などはもちろん日本式になる)

木曜日に2ヶ月ぶりくらいにいったらイースターになっていた。

今年のイースターは明日らしい。

うちの母の外国製のカード好きは有名なので、
いろいろな方が行事ごとに送ってくれるので、かなり溜まった
らしく、それが無造作に置いてあったので昨日息子と
見ていたら、私が2000〜2005年にアメリカに留学
していた際に送ったカード(2003年、2004年)のものも
出て来て、当時の近況を伝える文章があり懐かしかった。

相変わらずうちの実家は山間にひっそりと建ち、
春になったので 草木が茂り、花が咲き、虫が踊り、鳥がさえずる
異次元のようなところだった。

毎回帰る度に少し小学生の頃をそこここで思い出すような
場面があり、懐かしくなる。
実家て、それぞれの人にとってそうゆう所なんだろうな〜

最近よく昔のことを思い出す。
歳とったか?
来週40になるし。

Koki and I visited my parents on Thursday.
My great aunt and her daughter were also there.
We had lunch together in a dining room facing a garden
with flowers blooming (yes, it is finally spring!) and a green
hill standing across from their house.

Time to time cars pass by but otherwise, the house is quiet.
Such a warm beautiful day.

My mom likes to decorate the living room season to season
and this time it was decorated with Easter eggs and bunnies
(none of us is Christian thought).
She brought back many decoration stuff from US back in 90s
when we all lived there for my dad's work.
Since then my mom kept everything very neatly and she added
more after coming back to Japan.
(New year, and other Japan unique festivities are done in Japanese
way, of course)

In a pile of Easter cards she received from her friends in and
out of Japan, I found mine, from 2003 and 2004 when I lived
in California for the 2nd time in my life.

The cards reminded me of the days in California and also
the days in mid 90s when we all came back to Japan and
we were all so Americanized that it annoyed my eldest sister
who didn't come with us (she lived alone in our parents house
to go to a university in Tokyo).

Reminiscent indeed.
Maybe I am starting to age a bit as I often find myself looking
back on my old days reminiscing..
Turning 40 next week.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

フォロワー